View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 09:51 PM   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
Now that I've put on the Progressive Suspension Shock, 19" front wheel, Shinko 800 series tires, Tall Seat Concepts seat, my bike is now "adult" sized. It went from a 30.9" standover to 33.25". From flat footed to tippy toes. I've done each of these things over time so as my skills have improved my confidence has also and it doesn't bother me to have the bike this tall now. My latest project was to extend the length of the footpad as the bike really leans over even with the CSC added footpad. I had some thick rubber matting from our horse barn and jacked it up. I simply cut the mat to the shape of the footpad using a jigsaw, drilled holes to match the pattern for the bolts that hold the top of the pad to the base, purchased M6x1x40mm bolts, some washers and nylon lock nuts. I drilled into the bottom of the rubber to allow room for the nuts to recess in there. I of course used stainless steel gear. Works great as my bike sits in it's original lean angle taking some pressure off the kickstand.
Now I know how you earned your Baja nickname.....

jb