View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #6

Re: CDI

I think I've stumbled into the right place. I was looking for a replacement bulb for my Zong Sierra 200, and low and behold I found just the right link here. Thank You.

I'd like to pose a new question since you are an experienced Zong owner & fixer, have you had any problems with the electric starter?? My electric start absolutely refuses to work during the cold winter months. It will barely crank over in the mornings and won't fire at all...it might pop and hiss, but I have to kick start it every time. However, at night after the temps are more pleasant, it'll usually fire right up.

I'm in Phoenix, so when I say "cold" winter mornings it's in the 40's here. So it's not that cold. I also charge the battery once a month; so I know it's not the battery. The crank however in the morning is so bad that the starter will just run down and not crank at all. And it typically will start on the first kick too. Any suggestions???

Thanks for the CDI tip...I will look for a couple right away. I've got about 6500 miles on my Zong Sierra and I love this bike. Maybe it's down on power, but I've only got a short commute to work, so it's perfect. Not to mention that I can fill my tank for around $3. Mine is an '06, orange model and I just repainted it over the Xmas break yellow. (yellow and black paint scheme really looks sharp--plus, I'm a Steeler fan so everything matches now) It's a great little bike.

Thanks for all the nice tips... Oh, I have a link here to chinese parts that I just found if it's helpful to others:
http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/ZS_200_GY.html