View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #15

Re: CDI Failure...

Lots of good suggestions. Let me try the CDI first and see what it does and then go from there.

I used Krylon's Fusion spray paint. Only prep I did with the plastic was to remove all the decals (except the three little black stripes on the side covers-I was able to mask those out) and rub the plastic down with a small amount of Coleman's white gas to try and get some of the grime off. That's it. I applied two coats of paint over two days...it dries super fast. And put 'er back together in about an hour and that's was it. Didn't have any trouble with the paint at all...sticks really well to the plastic. Once it's dry you can not tell that the plastic has been painted--it looks like the factory colored plastic. Just have to be careful at the gas station during fill-up.

I didn't even think about a Baja tank for it...that might be a good mod in the future. The Baja lights are great and a must have at night. Big difference over just running the headlight. They're supposed to be for off-road use only, but I adjusted them down so it's not too blinding for other drivers. (only problem is they are a huge drain on the battery)