View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 10:48 AM   #638

Just got this private message

"Just bought a DF250RTG (white). Any advice you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Also did you sell your original RT”G” and later get a 2022 RT”D” version? I was confused by the description where you lost your bikes."

Thought I would respond here so others could add their opinions.

I sold my original DF250RTG to a member here because I like to keep trying other bikes.
I have owned over fifty motorcycles in the past 65 years. Not saying that is smart!

There was nothing wrong with it except a small dent in the gas tank. Recently I bought a new 2022 one and it was exactly like the one I sold except a few mods I put on the previous one.

For some reason it was called a DF250RTD on the paper work but it was also called a DF250RTG in other places. Again it is exactly like my previous DF250RTG.

As far as any advice I can give it is to read this thread from the beginning and almost all your questions would be answered.

I would leave it unmodified for a while. I changed the seat to have a little more room for a passenger. Changed the mirrors to bar end ones so I could see behind me. You might not have to do that. The carburetor is unmodified. I added a pad to keep my heel off the muffler.
Did not remove the catalytic converter as it runs just fine with it. It has about 800 km on it with no issues.

I added some crash bars just because I had them from another bike. Changed the oil after 100 km.

We are headed up to our cabin in the mountains of WNC where the motorcycle riding is wonderful. Taking the DF and my Ural with us. I have an Ice Bear 150 scooter there. I do a lot more motorcycling there than I do in flat SWFL where we live in the winter.

Ask any more questions here and I and others will chime in with their opinions.
Attached Images