View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 12:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by legonas View Post
adding to this because I just had the same issue. RX4, bypassed clutch switch for the aliexpress levers. riding in the rain today the check engine light comes on, throws code 0850. a general search for delphi and the code shows it as a parking/clutch switch issue. i reset the ECU and the code is gone and stayed gone. I'm guessing in another month or two the ECU will notice I haven't pressed the clutch switch and i will have to do it again.
Correct, it's due to the fact that you haven't shimmed the clutch lever boss/tab that lets out the clutch switch when you pull in the clutch lever. This lets the ECU know that you have the clutch disengaged and it is safe to start the engine, even if it is in gear. The AliExpress levers do not make contact with that switch at all, whether pulled in or let out, so the ECU thinks you always have the clutch lever pulled in, which eventually throws a code after so many start/stop cycles. In addition to throwing the P0850, it also means that the bike can be started in gear even if the clutch lever is not pulled in. This can be bad or good, depending upon what you want from the starter in relation to how you use the bike. On the street, it would be bad more or less; in the dirt it can come in handy to help you clear obstacles without slipping the clutch a ton, instead just bump the starter switch with the engine off for a quick assist.