View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 05:01 PM   #3566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inroads View Post
Have you done comparisons between Slime and RideOn tire sealants ?
You say RideOn is far superior...what proof do you have ? RideOn costs twice as much as Slime so is it that much better ? Thanks.
Oh, I have no proof at all. I just made that up.

Over the course of 50+ years of riding, try one product, then another, then let us know what's never let you down. Then google each product and compare the sales pitches and decide which experience has shown is hype and which is closer to true. Then being the cheapskate, use Slime anyway so you can't get a patch to fix the hole Slime won't plug, a really bad way to figure out the oil-based Slime prevents repairs, so I can wave as I go by with 7 cactus spines, 3 briar spikes, two nails, a wood screw, and a rattle snake fang (all collected on my last trip to Chihuahua Desert) in my fully inflated tires that will have the tubes patched that evening because RideOn is water based and cleans the rubber tube for an even better bond when the tube is rinsed clean and dried.

Not really well controlled scientific methodology, but yes, it's that much better. RideOn is actually free for me because the balancing effect and cooling effect makes my tires last far enough longer before wearing out the extra mileage pays for the RideOn. Even on my big truck the techs who have done the last 3 B-services have commented they have never seen such low wear rates on tires on any truck in our fleet. It's all RideOn's fault I won't have to spend $5500 on a good set of tires for a long, long, time. The tires on now are already 80k past normal wear out miles, and look like they have maybe another 120k to go. I've not had a heat/load related tire failure since installing RideOn 210,000 miles ago, and I used to have one about once a month to 6 weeks.

If you do more off road than on, the ultra heavy duty tubes provide more area for any sealant to stick to, so, unless racing, use them. For street, regular heavy duty tubes seal better than standard tubes, but the UHD tubes are not recommended for street use.