View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 03:11 AM   #1

Grin Zongshen 200GY-2: 55,000 Milestone!

On May 10, 2013, I took a ride toward Big Southern Butte.

Returning home on pavement, my Zong reached 55,000 miles on the odometer.

The weather was nice, so the next day I took a trip to the tiny village of Bancroft.

Several days later, the high temperature reached 90 degrees Fahrenheit! Therefore, I decided to mount a new, rear tire, and ride once again across the Snake River Plain.

This day I went around a closed gate, and climbed to the top of Big Southern Butte to gain a view of the Snake River Plain.

The weather was so beautiful, I decided to ride across the plain to Arco, which is at the base of the mountains shown in the next two photographs.

Descending the butte, I stopped to take several photos.

Riding northwestward, Arco began to grow on the horizon.

Arriving in Arco, I stopped to take a photograph in front of City Hall.

The snow is receding up the mountains, so I decided to visit a local peak on Wednesday. Along the way I noticed I could capture 55,555.5 miles on the odometer, so I stopped to take a photograph.

This time of the year, fallen trees can block the trails until local people claim the timber for firewood. I needed to turn back and take another trail when I encountered these obstacles.

Ascending another trail, I reached the ridge line and enjoyed the views.

I'm pleased to report my Zong is running better than ever! It's a great little motorcycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 05-16-2013 at 04:36 AM.