View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Chinese Dual Sports are Not all = Equal.

I see allot of guys saying over $1500 or over $2000 I will not buy a bike. Let me help with this decision. I am not trying to be a sales person either, I have owned ridden and built them all..... in 10 years of owning a Chinese Only Dealership.
I think the difference is financing versus cash at this point. I have a TMEC 200 which has all the 'bad' stuff, but it has been very reliable the year since I took ownership (I bought it used). Fit is alot better than my old Jetmoto 200 GY, while finish is probably about the same. I would buy another one for $1600.

I have toyed with the idea of trying to finance a SSR 250 with the fat tires (I like the look of those tires, even if the motard-style ones, like on my TMEC, are probably better suited to my 30 mile daily commute ( 15 miles each way). I figure the payments should be low for a $2700 bike. I know that the members with Qlinks, from4 or more years ago (I am guessing some are/were your customers since they live(d) in Sacramento) have always been pleased with their bikes. I couldn't imagine the 250, with more power, wouldn't be 'better' still, all other things being equal and relative (compared to the 200).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard