View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 09:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
You sound like me. I have many hobbies, but I usually put most of my resources into one at a time. I debated on building my first e-bike instead of buying one, but decided on something pre-built. The main reason was frame construction. Most e-bikes are more solidly built/durable than a normal bike frame as they are meant to handle the power and weight of the motorand battery.

That picture doesn't do the size of that bike justice (Heybike Explore). That seat is 36 inches high where I have it set and my handle bars with a 3 inch stem riser are almost 48. She is a big girl, which is why I bought it. It suits tall guys well.
As far as e-bikes go, that's one that appeals to me.

I'm still paying attention to the Hawk. Put a skid plate on it and bought the pipe, have yet to install. I think I finally understand what you guys mean when you say you use a soda can on the seams where they slip together. I'm guessing held in place on either side with a hose clamp? I got some nice exhaust pipe coupler thingies. The muffler side coupler simply doesn't fit. It's REAL close, but just won't comply. The mid-section seems like it might work, but man, they are bulky. Soda can seems simpler/leaner.

I plan to at least do the stage one kit, might go crazy and do the big bore.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin