View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 05:34 PM   #77

It's interesting that more than one Chinese company makes such a strange little bike, Shineray and Zongshen, maybe more. My guess is that Beta had most of the Alp 200 parts made in China except the engine, shipped the parts to Italy, then assembled the bike with a Suzuki engine. Just a guess.

I prefer rubber bushings over needle bearings on the rear suspension of a light bike. Cleaner, smoother, maintenance free. The Beta parts would probably bolt right on but may not be any better. A trials bike needs a tough, short travel suspension.

The light weight, low center of gravity, and short travel suspension work very well on the road. One of the most flickable bikes I've ridden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsvw View Post
Do you think the Beta frame is/was actually made in China by any chance? And that they came from same factory? Mine came from the Chongqing Shineray factory.

I'm also curious if the Beta Alp rear shock would work on the Chinese version, with actual bearings in the swing arms and etc although that might get really expensive to buy, since it's Italian...

I really want a Beta Alp now, lol! Although I guess technically I have one. 😊😊😊