View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 12:03 PM   #3930

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
I was having a similar discussion on another forum.

The Factory Service Manual for my 1948 DeSoto has every spec I could ever need and is about half as thick as the owners manuals on both our Jeeps and the F150. Both the F-150 and the Renegade have separate manuals to operate the radio.
I have the 'Fact Sheet' for the Motorola 8 tube radio in the DeSoto that is 4 pages and explains all the troubleshooting and repairs. And gives a generic parts list of all the caps, resistors, and tubes.

Other than a timing light, and a tach and dwell meter, the most sophisticated tools you'd need is a Uni-Syn for carb balancing and probably a vacuum gauge. I'm guessing the Midget has the 1275cc engine and the B is a 1600.
Cheesy, there's a funny Meme floating around Facebook that says something along the lines of "40 years ago, the owners manual told you how to adjust the valves and change the oil. Today, the owners manual tells you not to drink the contents of the battery... We're Doomed."

The Midget does indeed have a 1275 engine, and the B has an 1800. The new B i'm going to pick up today also has an 1800 engine, but it's the next-newest engine design. I haven't run the numbers yet to decode the data plate, but I'll give everyone an update when I get it back to the house.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up