View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 08:26 AM   #29

We finally dropped off the trailer yesterday to get it fixed. While handing over the four digit insurance check to the financial guy, who I've bicycled with, we got to bullsh!ting about things and he asked when we broke the trailer. I said September and he said something about insurance companies being slow. Wrong thing to say.

Mrs.C went off first about the problem being on the dealership end and I had to quiet her down. I just told Dave that the communication from your service guy, Mark, wasn't minimal, it was non existent. To both the insurance company and me. You know the crestfallen look that people get when they can't spin something, that was the look Dave had. Dave said he'd move our rig to the front of the line, I told him not to inconvenience other people, because you inconvenienced me. I don't want to see the trailer back before February.

In other news, we got back from Maine Sunday night to 3" of snow on the ground in Illannoy. The traffic through Canada was light, except at the Sarnia/Port Huron border crossing. Michigan was a bloody nightmare due to heavy traffic and snow. The Stupid was also strong with many drivers. It's normally 4.5 to 5.5 hours across Michigan. Sunday was 7 hours. Mileage dropped to 25.5 due to the traffic and brutal headwinds, but in a 1/2 mile long, pain in the ass to park pickup, that ain't too shabby. We used two less tanks of fuel, round trip, than we would have used with the Chevy.

I think we'll keep it.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts