View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 02:59 PM   #1

SW Missouri Templar X

I've been off dirt scoots for a LONG time. Grew up riding dirt but then took a long break from anything motorcycle related.
Started riding street in '12 with a '91 Nighthawk 750 and have been through a number of different bikes since then.
Current street bike is an '09 Bonneville 900 that I've got setup for light ADV and touring but the dirt roads always beckon.

Ordered a blue Templar X from the usual suspects (PSM) on 2/13. Shipment arrived in good shape on 2/22. Naturally I was out of town for work so I had to wait to check it out until I got home.

Spent Sunday working on getting it assembled. Blue loctite on everything that needed it. Generally happy with the fit and finish, plastics needed some massaging with a dremel, holes in the side plastics for the rear rack are pretty nasty so I'll fix that at some point.

Planning on making some extensions for the upper headlight mounts to move it into a more upright position and help with aiming at things that aren't the top of trees. Also going to get some aux lighting installed and a few other minor personalizations.

40mi into the break in so far. I'm impressed!

Threads are useless without pics so here we go.

Also did my first mod since I had the Dremel out.