View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 10:32 PM   #9

Which bike?

My dilemma now is that I really like the KYMCO Spade. I also, really like the SSR Razkull 125 and it’s time to place an order. Unfortunately, I am forced to make a choice. You see my problem. Below are the pros & cons of each choice.

KYMCO Spade 150i:
Pros: Very nice 150cc engine, 4-valve head, efi, 5-speed transmission, cafe racer styling, 12.5 hp, nice seat. The aftermarket will be huge for this bike.

Cons: it has a rear drum brake, 1.6 gallon fuel tank, needs rear Ohlins shocks ($1350), needs handlebars, pegs and exhaust. Higher $2999 MSRP.

SSR Razkull 125:
Pros: Lower $1999 MSRP, great dual disc brakes, 3.2 gallon fuel tank, GROM exhausts fit, nice seat, Ducati type stylings.

Cons: engine needs mods or I would need to change the engine ($1000), gearing needs changed, carburetor, 4-speed transmission.

Basically, I like the Razkull but I would want to mod it beyond the price of the Spade to make it better. The $1999 cost makes it very attactive and I could do the mods at my leisure. I’m trying very hard to just go ahead and purchase it.

The Spade is very cool but I hate the rear drum brake. It already has most of the features that most people want. It really is the perfect bike for me. I really should just pony up the money and get the Spade and live with it as is. Change the exhaust whenever. The counter-balanced engine will sway my choice.

Thanks for listening to me ramble!

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II