View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #34

Resurrecting an old thread here folks. I knew if I searched around enough after my absence, I'd find something on the SSR bikes.

I'm sure what Doug is referring to is the much older Hondanoids from the early days of the CB's being imported when he's referring to the "old GY's". The Q's and SSR's are lightyears ahead...though I have both.

I will vouch for Doug here as he's my dealer here in Sac. I've bought 4 bikes (2 Hensim 150's, an X-moto Hondanoid and my Q-link XP) and a quad (for my father-in-law) from him over the years and he's always been a straight shooter, pulls no punches and a hard worker who stands behind what he's sold me. He's also been able to provide every part I've needed every time I walk in the door, without having to order. His new shop in huge and just his parts and accessory section is downright impressive. He also spends almost a month every couple years travelling China making contacts and touring factories, so he's not just a mail-order guy whos signed a sheet of paper to deal CB's out of his garage, but knows the business and more importantly, which are the good factoies to buy from and which are not.
I feel very fortunate to have a good, local dealer and support. It really takes a lot of the worry out of owning a CB.
Could I buy online for cheaper? Most likely....but he's earned my business. If anyone ever gets a chance to visit his shop if you're coming through Nor Cal, you'll be happy that you did.

....and to answer your question....no, I don't work for him! :-)
I'd love to get my hands on one of the SSR 250's he's got.....but I think a ranch quad is next on the docket with our land that needs work..... Tractor pulls one cart, need a quad to pull the second cart.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350