View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post

...If my theory is correct, you shouldn't regret getting an actual Ice Bear product...
I don't regret buying it, but the quality doesn't appear to be any better than the others. I put the replacement tail light on last week, I've ridden it twice since then and the LEDs are starting to burn out. I'm going to ride it about 60 miles tomorrow morning, but not without reinstalling the tail light I bought from amazon. The instrument panel is also giving me some issues, but it's to be expected. Buying a new Chinese bike is like buying an old British bike. I'm expecting to find the Lucas logo on the wiring harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismways View Post
Hey Skin,
can you give us details on your racing CDI and coil? What benefit does that provide in performance?

Really loving how it rides with the 16T sprocket!
The coil provides higher voltage to the spark plug and the CDI eliminates the rev limiter. The stock CDI on my bike had a 6500rpm limit. With the racing CDI I can wind the engine up to 9000rpms, or until it flies apart. Of course now that I put the 17t sprocket on it, I won't need to go beyond 8000rpms when I'm riding the back roads, which was my main reason for buying the bike.
2000 Moto Guzzi California V11, resting in pieces

The cage: 1998 BMW Z3, 1.9L w/full Dinan engine upgrades