Thread: And here we go!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 07:35 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Looks like you are getting plenty of use out of the Chinese-Italian beauty!
As much as I can, buddy!

Some years ago I had concerns about chinese built motorcycles, mostly because the usual "chinese=garbarge" motto (wich is true in many cases, unafortunately).
Previously had the unsatisfactory experience of buying another Honda (Storm 125 2009), after two decades of my previous one (Nighthawk 250cc 1991): discovered that Honda, at least on this low-end segment, leaved this well-known japanese quality reputation and only put his sticker (and overprice) on bikes poorly built by a chinese factory.

On 2015 had the chance to try a Zongshen RX3, in a carburetor version rebranded by an argentinean local vendor, and like it so much!
So then found this site and it´s RX3 section amazingly supported by fellows as SpudRider, KatFlap, any many other honest and sincere users who shared lots af experiences and good advices.
That gave me enough confidence and knowledge about how to expect and to not; after a year of "online research" and money saving finally decided to buy one: rode 12000mi on different types of roads, and it was a wonderful experience. After 2 years and looking for a more capable bike (seats and cargo space, because always rode with my wife as passenger and all our stuff) in 2018 could afford my actual Benelli TRK 502, which has these requirements and a price tag within my reach; it is another chinese bike, but with "italian parfum"

Once again, made my research: by then wasn´t sold nor Europe nor America but had 1 year of sales in some places of Asia, becoming very popular there and having lots of good comments from the users.

So buyed mine, and after 14000mi I´m very satisfied with it´s performance.

Kindest regards,

Juan Carlos Martins.
- ex Honda Storm 125 (2009)
- ex Corven Triax 250 Touring (2016) (Zongshen RX3 carb)
Benelli TRK 502 (2018)