Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2024, 03:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Okay, I just got this from Venom. Since it will be a while before Venom will have the TM38EX (Venom Version) and don't feel like waiting. Venom Motorsports will offer the KPX for $2699.99 including shipping. One hell of a deal. Offer is Valid until the end of the month February 29, 2024. Use Discount code: JERRYKPXSPECIAL
Wow.....

Ok,

Your not helping!! (my moto obsession that is)

Old 05-10-2024, 01:34 PM   #17

TrailMaster tm38ex is a wonderful machine

Who cares what name is on it? Buy one and you will have one of the finest dirt bikes made in China. The TM has proven itself already, so why niggle about who or where or what we call it. Ride any other Chinese dual sport with me and you won't see me for very long, on dirt or street. No brag; just fact.

Old 05-10-2024, 01:51 PM   #18

I would love to have one but the 37” seat height is a problem. This comes from a guy that would use it more on the streets and FS trails here in FL. If it were say 34” it would be already sitting here in the garage. My thoughts…

Old 05-10-2024, 10:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
I would love to have one but the 37” seat height is a problem. This comes from a guy that would use it more on the streets and FS trails here in FL. If it were say 34” it would be already sitting here in the garage. My thoughts…
Lowering link, or possibly drill new lower rear shock mounts.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:10 AM   #20

Thumper, I see what you’re thinking there, but how much could the front come down comes into play also. This bike would be awesome at say 34” seat height.

Last edited by J4Fun; 05-11-2024 at 12:46 PM.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:31 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
Thumper, I see what you’re thinking there, but how much could the front down comes into play also. This bike would be awesome at say 34” seat height.
Yes, dropping the clamp position in the forks can also help. Two things limit the front fork height change by moving the forks up in the clamps. The obvious thing is the handlebars. Get handlebar risers to give you another inch to inch and a half more clearance there. BUT, the fork tube diameter changes too, and there is limited range for the clamps to be on the same diameter surface. It is probably farther than the handlebar clearance gives room for.

I am just about to drill holes in the rear shock lower mounting legs on my original 5 speed Templar X. I sold my 6 speed X, which I put new holes about 1" from the OEM mounting holes. I think that was too much (maybe 3" drop).

The exact drop may be different on the TM38 since it could have slightly different linkage dimensions. I am going for ~5/8" shorter on the X rear shock mounts. I am hoping for ~ 2 inch lowering. I agree that adjusting the front forks is important to maintain steering geometry. It also shortens the wheelbase slightly since the front wheel moves back when you change the form clamps (subtle). I am sure that it is best to balance the lowering with both front and rear lowering increments.

Last edited by Thumper; 05-11-2024 at 01:09 PM.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:49 AM   #22

Lowering link- Standard lowering method

The TM38 has a link just like all of these bikes. Installing a link (or links) with an extra 3/4" to 1" length between the front/rear mounts will definitely lower the bike. The questions are 1) what are the current dimensions of the original link (mounting widths/front bushing width, length of the links). and 2) which aftermarket links fit, and have the right "new" length?

I pulled the link off my Templar X (original 5 speed version). Here are the posts from the Templar Resource guide (posts 57 and 58 in the thread):
https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...9&postcount=57
https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...0&postcount=58

Old 05-11-2024, 01:03 PM   #23

Just looking at this bike and my little Xpro 150 DLX and they seem to share a lot of the same parts, in other words built by the same company. BTW the 150 could stand a few inches of seat height lowering too. I bought that bike for the grandkids so maybe a new one for this ole guy could be justified! I see that there available in the green color from a Texas company. I have my Hawk DLX that came from TXPS an had no problem, but it makes me nervous why so many did. Just thinking out loud…