Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2024, 06:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_dgz View Post
1. No one is addressing the elephant in the room, except K'hermitt, which is that the discrepancy in weights is probably down to the spec sheet being either hopelessly optimistic or an outright lie. These are Chinese made bikes, brought to you by the country who will happily sell you plastic pellets instead of rice, and claim that you just bought a "10 million lumen" flashlight that runs off of 2xAA's. It's horseshit, folks. Lying about the specifications of everything is the Chinese national sport.

Guessing about it is the one thing that's guaranteed not to produce the correct answer.

2. To accurately weigh a bike using a bathroom scale, without having to lift either end of it and give yourself a hernia, weigh it twice. Once with the front wheel on the scale, once with the rear wheel on the scale. The sum of these two numbers will be the correct weight. Sport Rider got it right.

Post script: I rode my fully loaded KLR up and down the MABDR over the last couple of days. I dumped it and had to pick it up four (4) times. Once time I wiped out in gravel, once in mud, once after a river crossing, and once my kickstand sunk into the dirt. I was not best pleased about it by the 4th time, but I managed by myself.
My weighing sessions with the KTM and Templar X actually matched up remarkably well with the stated values from KTM and Zuumav.

https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...6&postcount=23

I used a ProIron digital scale. I weighed on level space. I rolled the unweighed wheels onto a board of same thickness as the ProIron scale.

I don't see a lying conspiracy at all. The Templar and the KTM both weigh about what they claim. K'hermit added gear which may account for the additional ~15 lbs on that truck scale. What elephant ?? I ride both of these bikes, and the weights match up with my trail experience on both of them.

Last edited by Thumper; 05-22-2024 at 07:42 PM.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:29 PM   #32

I think this is a dead horse situation at this point
1976 Yamaha DT175
1974 Honda MT125

Old 05-22-2024, 08:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_MO View Post
I think this is a dead horse situation at this point
Trust me, it hasn't been beat enough to qualify on this page.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-23-2024, 10:11 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Trust me, it hasn't been beat enough to qualify on this page.
we need one of them emoticons.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.