Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2024, 04:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Another EFI nightmare. I will post another warning to help avoid this repetitive issue.

Buy a Chinese bike with a carburetor. EFI is GREAT when it works, but Chinese bikes have no support, no easy access to changing the enrichment curve to get away from the ultralean issue, and no aftermarket parts that you can look up and replace/upgrade.

At least with a carburetor, you don't have EFI system death issues. So you have to rejet. But at least it is running.

LOOK. You pays yer money and you takes yer chances. LOTS of folks get good EFI systems. Lots of them...
I have my reasons for choosing an EFI bike and it’s my choice to make. I’ve never actually read about this issue specifically so I’d say it’s a very isolated incident. You can play team carb vs team EFI and that’s totally your right but your comment in no way helps and is purely opinion.

Isolated incidents don’t define a product, if that were true then no one should eat fast food because people have gotten sick or drive vehicles because accidents cause death. Enjoy your bike and ride safe man, don’t stress on stuff that doesn’t affect you.