Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2024, 09:02 AM   #106

When I interacted with Maxpro about this bike, they said that they get about 80 of them in stock and that they go out of stock in about 2-3 weeks. The DLX 150 and the Templars must be some of their most popular bikes as they don’t keep them in stock very long at all.

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #107

Has anyone of you noticed an out of round condition on the chain tension? Doesn’t seem like a big deal but it’s definitely there. I picked up the bike on the rear end and spun the tire in quarter turns and it’s obvious. Still think the bike is great, just have too adjust the chain a bit on the looser side. Noticed this when adjusting the headlight and moving the bike in the garage. Then saw someone else having the same problem on you tube when searching the Orion 190….

Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM   #108

I haven’t checked yet, but I’ll bet the holes on the sprocket are a bit big for the bolts? Not the hub being out of square…

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
Has anyone of you noticed an out of round condition on the chain tension? Doesn’t seem like a big deal but it’s definitely there. I picked up the bike on the rear end and spun the tire in quarter turns and it’s obvious. Still think the bike is great, just have too adjust the chain a bit on the looser side. Noticed this when adjusting the headlight and moving the bike in the garage. Then saw someone else having the same problem on you tube when searching the Orion 190….

Yes, I did notice that with mine and I think it just has to do with the front sprocket wobble(which is normal) because I changed over to an RK chain and had the same "problem".

Old Today, 09:22 AM   #110

I noticed this also, but when riding down the road and putting throttle to the chain and hence a load on it, it completely goes away and runs smoothly. So, in my case, my rear sprocket is not out of round (I checked), but the countersprocket wobble creates an “out of round” sensation when not under load.

Old Today, 09:45 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumen Rider View Post
What's the storm 150 have to do with my post regarding the two CRF links? The Storm 150 directly mounts to the swingarm.
The above is quoted from the Templar Resource Guide, your post #61. I deleted my post there. That thread is for tested Templar hardware and maintenencae posts. It is a sticky.

You said in your post in that Sticky thread with the photos of CRF 250 lowering links (post #60) that you were considering buying one. I assumed that your new Storm 150 DLX has the same link. Why else would you buy one.
Then you posted again in the Templar Resource Guide that your rear shock is connected directly to the swingarm.

Huh??

Those two lowering links do appear to be nearly the same dimensions as the OEM Templar X link. The bushing side might be 1mm wider, which could be fabbed in, maybe. The other side seems too wide, and might need to machine the link arms before it would fit on the Templar. I guess cannot test this theory on your Storm 150.

Old Today, 09:59 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Why else would you buy one.

Because I own a Templar.

Quote:
Then you posted again in the Templar Resource Guide that your rear shock is connected directly to the swingarm.

Huh??

I posted again because you seemed lost and confused randomly bringing up a storm 150 in the Templar X resource thread. So I informed you about how it was mounted.

Old Today, 02:02 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumen Rider View Post
Because I own a Templar.

I posted again because you seemed lost and confused randomly bringing up a storm 150 in the Templar X resource thread. So I informed you about how it was mounted.

You mentioned a BMS 250 Enduro (Bashan Motor Sports??) in a previous post, but all your other posts focus on the Storm 150 DLX, until...

Your post on 5/23 in the Templar main thread (not the resource thread) in post 1731 you mention "The tag "X7-CB250F" identifies our bikes..." OH! Since joining the forum earlier this month, this was the only reference to a Templar in your posts. And you have a pic of the air louvre mounting bolt spacing a couple of posts later. This slipped right past me!!! Cool. You own a Templar.

Yeah, I noticed that the engine is still getting stamped -3A but it is a counterbalanced 6 speed. That is truly odd as I mentioned in my post #1732. Somehow, it didn't register that all your other posts were about your 150.

Storm 150 and Temp X. Nice pair of toys.

I (we) would love to hear about the lowering links if you decide to go for it. The shock shortening method with a new 10mm lower mounting position DOES work great, and it is free. AND, you can restore OEM height in minutes, easier than swapping links. On the other hand, that adjustable lowering link thing is interesting.

Last edited by Thumper; Today at 04:21 PM.

Old Today, 04:27 PM   #114

I have a BMS 250, Storm 150 and the Templar X. I am still under the price of a new KLX300 which is rather amazing.

Quote:
I (we) would love to hear about the lowering links if you decide to go for it.

I will update the resource thread if one of them ends up fitting.