Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2019, 12:40 PM   #1

Doh! TT250 Swingarm Upgradable?

So I was lazy and left the original time bomb of a chain on my TT250 and now I'm enduring the aftermath. The chain took out the chain guard and continued through cutting the gear sensor wires. Those were both surprisingly cheap from CSC but the shipping to Canada is painful (added a head to play with). I went shopping for chains and sprockets and got two set of front sprockets and chains. I also bought one 47 and one 45 tooth rear sprockets. I got my hands on the much needed metric M10 x 1.25 tap to tap the rear hub. The threads were messy and no amount of wd40, Qtips and compressed air would allow even the original bolts to spin back in by hand. I thought I was off to the races after I got it tapped and the 1/2" longer CSC supplied bolts glided in. When I went to put the wheel with new 47T back on I noticed the swingarm took heavy damage. Indented and gouged, even the chain adjuster was bent, I had to pry it out and straighten it.

I don't have the skills or the tools to repair it. I was wondering if anyone knew of a Japanese bike that has a swingarm that would work. I already have all the parts I need for now and the near future from CSC. I don't want to pay the ridiculous shipping price of a swingarm from California to Canada. Plus how easily this swingarm was destroyed I think an upgrade would be well advised. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190908_112552_HDR.jpg (89.3 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg 20190908_112611.jpg (87.5 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg 20190908_112717.jpg (84.2 KB, 256 views)

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi