Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2016, 01:09 AM   #1

storm wired like hawk?

im wondering if the storm has the same pin out set up like the hawk? ie pick up the digital speedo that mj came up with and pop it on there same way? Curious if anyone has a storm and cares to look at the wiring or test theory.... since all these bikes are using the same engines more or less...wonder how similar the bikes are wired up??

Old 04-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg1974 View Post
im wondering if the storm has the same pin out set up like the hawk? ie pick up the digital speedo that mj came up with and pop it on there same way? Curious if anyone has a storm and cares to look at the wiring or test theory.... since all these bikes are using the same engines more or less...wonder how similar the bikes are wired up??

does that speedo not use a magnet on the spokes ... speedo on the storm is mechanical ... i am no wire guy, so me looking at pins will not help anyone, but i do not see how a speedo could be wired to anything on the engine, because it would have no way to know tire/rim size or sprocket size ... if you were talking about a tach, i wired mine to the hot side of the coil and never even thought there may be a wire there already in the cluster not being used

Old 04-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg1974 View Post

Check this thread, I addressed this over there...... http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16232&page=2

Old 04-08-2016, 08:26 PM   #4

thanks mj... im just curious cause i have a red storm 250 on the way... i wanted black but they were sold out.... already starting my farkle list