Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2017, 06:23 AM   #1

Some parts for my Keeway Zong

Hi,
I need few parts for my ZS200GY-A.
First, I would like to put some chain protector. This bike had a plastic chain protector, but I bought it without. If someone can point me to a chain protector online but not on TB site?

Second, I need chain tensioner roller. The problem is that when I move the rear wheel so that the chain is not overtightened in the whole travel of rear suspension, the chain touches part of the frame over bumps and makes noise. I'm sure that in some time this would damage the frame. So I think it would be good to tension the chain. So, I need some suggestions for what chain tensioner to buy.
I send you photo of my rear axle so you can see the points for chain protector mounting (these are the 2 at the outside of the chain) and also see the one "mount" which I dont know what is it for.

Sorry for the dirty bike pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170918_121425.jpg (88.4 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170918_121517.jpg (83.4 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170918_122136.jpg (88.9 KB, 110 views)

Old 09-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivi View Post
Hi,
I need few parts for my ZS200GY-A.
First, I would like to put some chain protector. This bike had a plastic chain protector, but I bought it without. If someone can point me to a chain protector online but not on TB site?

Second, I need chain tensioner roller. The problem is that when I move the rear wheel so that the chain is not overtightened in the whole travel of rear suspension, the chain touches part of the frame over bumps and makes noise. I'm sure that in some time this would damage the frame. So I think it would be good to tension the chain. So, I need some suggestions for what chain tensioner to buy.
I send you photo of my rear axle so you can see the points for chain protector mounting (these are the 2 at the outside of the chain) and also see the one "mount" which I dont know what is it for.

Sorry for the dirty bike pics
My goodness, anyone who could successfully rebuild his transmission and clutch can make a new chain guard out of 1/8th inch aluminum. Make one out of thin cardboard and adjust and cut as needed, including punching out the bolt holes. When it is right, absolutly the way you want it, transfer the pattern to the sheet aluminum, cut it out, bend it twice, side by side, about an inch apart, and bolt it on. There is a site on youtube, where Michael Waller of Britannia Motor Cycles shows how it's done on his BM250 build. About 15 videos. If I was you, I'd watch everyone of them, because once you see him do it, you'll never have another impossible to solve motor cycle problem. The chain hitting the frame issue is easily solved by heating a piece of cutting board plastic, and bending it with heat to fit...ARH

Old 09-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #3

looks like an unlubed chain also does it stretch a lot??
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 09-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
looks like an unlubed chain also does it stretch a lot??
I bit my tongue to avoid saying anything about that chain. It reminds me of a horse that has been rode hard, and put away wet....ARH

Old 09-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
My goodness, anyone who could successfully rebuild his transmission and clutch can make a new chain guard out of 1/8th inch aluminum. Make one out of thin cardboard and adjust and cut as needed, including punching out the bolt holes. When it is right, absolutly the way you want it, transfer the pattern to the sheet aluminum, cut it out, bend it twice, side by side, about an inch apart, and bolt it on. There is a site on youtube, where Michael Waller of Britannia Motor Cycles shows how it's done on his BM250 build. About 15 videos. If I was you, I'd watch everyone of them, because once you see him do it, you'll never have another impossible to solve motor cycle problem. The chain hitting the frame issue is easily solved by heating a piece of cutting board plastic, and bending it with heat to fit...ARH
Hi, thanks,
I actually want to buy original. I like the vehicles with original parts. That is why I am asking where to buy online
If I cant find to buy, I might make some, but out of black aluminium
Thanks for the hint for the videos, I will find them and watch them.
ARH, does the chainguard bolts on 3 points or on 2?

timcosby, It's not that unlubed, as it looks on the photo Believe it or not, I lubed it today, before seeing your comment. But, also, believe or not, I lube it every 3-4 days. I think that the reason that I need to lube it every few days is missing chainguard. And it is not streching.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Hi, thanks,
I actually want to buy original. I like the vehicles with original parts. That is why I am asking where to buy online
If I cant find to buy, I might make some, but out of black aluminium
Thanks for the hint for the videos, I will find them and watch them.
ARH, does the chainguard bolts on 3 points or on 2?

timcosby, It's not that unlubed, as it looks on the photo Believe it or not, I lubed it today, before seeing your comment. But, also, believe or not, I lube it every 3-4 days. I think that the reason that I need to lube it every few days is missing chainguard. And it is not streching.
Kiwi, it usually bolts on one front, and one rear, if it moves with the swing arm, or 2 front, one to the frame on the rear....ARH

Old 09-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #7

Off topic response, but I recently bought a 200 GY-A myself and I was wondering if you've needed to replace your tires before, as I've been looking for a replacement rear wheel for mine, the hub is good, but the rim is messed up.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-o-tron View Post
Off topic response, but I recently bought a 200 GY-A myself and I was wondering if you've needed to replace your tires before, as I've been looking for a replacement rear wheel for mine, the hub is good, but the rim is messed up.
Hi! Yes, I replaced the tire, but not the rim. I put Maxxis tire 4.10-18', dimension like the original.

Do you maybe have some pics of you ZS200gy-a?

Old 09-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Kiwi, it usually bolts on one front, and one rear, if it moves with the swing arm, or 2 front, one to the frame on the rear....ARH
I wonder what is the 3rd mount for? You can see it on 1st pic, its on the inside of swingarm.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:53 PM   #10

Quote:
I wonder what is the 3rd mount for? You can see it on 1st pic, its on the inside of swingarm.
Well, my best guess for the moment is, that originally they had a front mount on the piece that sticks up in the middle of the swing arm, near the front, and a second one near
the rear of the swing arm, welded on to the inside. When they ran the bike, they found that they had a flutter on the inside, at the front, so took the easy way out and stuck the third tab to the inside front of the swing arm, and bolted it there as well. Just a theory. Do the cardboard bit, and see if it works out....ARH

Old 09-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Do you maybe have some pics of you ZS200gy-a?
I'll see if I can get around to it this weekend as school has been keeping me busy for a few days