Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2016, 07:07 AM   #1

Bashan Storm Utah to New York!

Came across this vid on the tube. Is she a member here? This video is her predeparture. There is no video after the trip. One commentor said she made it just fine and the bike did amazing!

Old 11-07-2016, 07:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Came across this vid on the tube. Is she a member here? This video is her predeparture. There is no video after the trip. One commentor said she made it just fine and the bike did amazing!
She is a member and there's a thread about her trip. Search Storm and I think its on page 2 of the search results. I'm in the market like yourself and have been researching the storm, hawk, CSC TT250 for months now. You can't go wrong with the storm if you're mainly on pavement.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:40 AM   #3

Quote:
I'm in the market like yourself and have been researching the storm, hawk, CSC TT250 for months now.
Yeah, I'm soaking in everything I can. I saw her thread and was taken back a little bit. Just haven't heard of anyone doing such a feat on a CB, but GOOD FOR HER!! That should shut up the CB haters. Off to look for that thread, thank you!

Old 11-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #4

She was on a tourist visa for a few months from Israel. She was actually thinking about selling Bashans in Israel (they might already have a distributor but who is to stop an ambitious entrepreneur?) and wanted to ship her bike to Israel for, probably, marketing research purposes. Heck, she already proved the durability and reliability by taking a several thousand miles trip!

On a side-note; trips on side roads are what Chinese bikes are about--not interstates (interstate capability seems to be Americans' collective obsession with any street-legal vehicles). I occasionally go on Horizonsunlimited.com/hubb, a international motorcycle forum primarily for people planning international motorcycle trips. It seems funny that whenever people from other countries inquire about obtaining bikes in the US and riding across the country, US members insist the bike has to be able to maintain 80 to 90 mph, whereas people who have already done the trip chime in that there is more to the US than our interstate system! Eve probably didn't take interstates on her Storm, either!

In fact, there is a thread from a couple years ago on Advrider.com about a father and son who rode from San Francisco to New York City. The father rode an SSR CT70 clone (125cc version bought new) and the son rode a BMS 150cc scooter (bought used for $150!!). They have plenty of photos and videos on the thread, and guess what?! They took backroads the entire way and they didn't get leprosy or other horrible diseases that seems to be the belief if one does NOT take the interstates cross country, LOL

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
father and son who rode from San Francisco to New York City
San Francisco to New York
New York to San Francisco
Scooter Cannonball

Old 11-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
She was on a tourist visa for a few months from Israel. She was actually thinking about selling Bashans in Israel (they might already have a distributor but who is to stop an ambitious entrepreneur?) and wanted to ship her bike to Israel for, probably, marketing research purposes. Heck, she already proved the durability and reliability by taking a several thousand miles trip!

On a side-note; trips on side roads are what Chinese bikes are about--not interstates (interstate capability seems to be Americans' collective obsession with any street-legal vehicles). I occasionally go on Horizonsunlimited.com/hubb, a international motorcycle forum primarily for people planning international motorcycle trips. It seems funny that whenever people from other countries inquire about obtaining bikes in the US and riding across the country, US members insist the bike has to be able to maintain 80 to 90 mph, whereas people who have already done the trip chime in that there is more to the US than our interstate system! Eve probably didn't take interstates on her Storm, either!

In fact, there is a thread from a couple years ago on Advrider.com about a father and son who rode from San Francisco to New York City. The father rode an SSR CT70 clone (125cc version bought new) and the son rode a BMS 150cc scooter (bought used for $150!!). They have plenty of photos and videos on the thread, and guess what?! They took backroads the entire way and they didn't get leprosy or other horrible diseases that seems to be the belief if one does NOT take the interstates cross country, LOL
I couldn't agree more, culcune. One thing that really made me think was with our Harley's and Victory's, I got real tired of open interstate really fast. I thought to myself, "If all I'm doing is plowing straight pavement, I'd rather do it in our Challenger."
The fun didn't start until the off-ramp.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #7

Yep, you would be surprised at the scenery in your own back yard, most people will never see it because they are too busy traveling the slab.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Yep, you would be surprised at the scenery in your own back yard, most people will never see it because they are too busy traveling the slab.
Most of my riding take place on back roads along bayou ways.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Most of my riding take place on back roads along bayou ways.
Tell R.J. and Jay Paul I said HEY!

Old 11-07-2016, 10:04 PM   #10

Culc.. that was a great read with the 35mph scooters. One of the first things I read associated with this "club". Made me to decide to say, what the hell, pull the trigger get your endorsement and hit the backroads.

To all you lurkers out there...we're waiting!

Ps..per your signature. Listening to "life on miss", next , "Jumping Frog of Calaveras County". Also jack london stuff. Makes those windshield hours go by. And in true cb fashion, free audio books: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...librivox&hl=en
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-07-2016, 11:10 PM   #11

I didn't realize, this wasn't the original (I just clicked on it). I forgot they went 'the other way' the year after. When I have time, I will read this completely seeing as it has more people and possibly more entertaining?!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Tell R.J. and Jay Paul I said HEY!
They said hey back
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-08-2016, 08:51 AM   #13

Our recent ride to Tecate and San Felipe was all mostly off the freeway (we rode a short section of Hwy 2 in Mexico that was a toll road). It was one of my better rides and I really enjoyed it. I was surprised at how easy it was to plan it just by telling my mapping program to stay off the expressways.