Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #1

NOn-DMV Adult Toys

No....not those "adult toys"!
As I've whined about before, I got so sick of CA citizens and the morons under the dome voting to increase DMV fees, I thinned the herd extensively. I know we're not as bad as some states back east, but to me, Q (09 Qlink 200) costing $120.00 a year is absurd. I ended up non-opping the Husky and Rhino too. They never go anywhere, why register them?

This got me thinking about other toys that don't require DMV, like some of the new mini-bikes. I know Coleman has the CT200U and EX and there the Massimo mini bike (as an example) with front and rear suspension, that is also marketed under many different names. Anyone have much experience with these?

I just want to have a little fun, tinker away and not have to deal with Uncle Gavin.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-02-2020, 04:20 PM   #2

I have a few of the older Baja warriors at camp ,other than the raked out harly look,they have honestly been very good for messing around on my property . I would much prefer the newer Coleman’s with the flat seat and the racks ,but I am completely happy with how my ugly bikes work .I even road them on the ice last winter which was a lot of fun .

Old 04-02-2020, 04:30 PM   #3

If you want to see some fun on the Coleman’s ,google “dirt every day minibikes “ they take a couple of Coleman’s for a good trail ride .My experience with my Bajas ,would be pretty much exactly the same ,great fun for the money .

Old 04-11-2020, 08:44 AM   #4

Mini Bikes are exactly what I was looking for when I found chinariders. I stumbled across a video by either Build Break Repeat, Cars and Cameras or Red Beards Garage and thought that's the ticket !! Then in my search for the perfect trail master 200 I ran across the ct70 clones and since they can be tagged and registered they can legally be driven on forest roads, with the mini bike I had told my wife that I would just pay the fines as we were caught. THEN....... looking for ct70 clones I ran across chinariders and started reading about first the Hawk then the TT and then the Brozz and Xpect and those satisfy my need to go faster so the story took another turn. I still fully intend to buy 2 ct70 bikes so that my wife and me can ride together at the same pace but the itch for a little more speed has to be scratched to. These bikes are just the ticket to get into the woods here in my part of florida because we have very little area where you can ride off road with atv's utv's or motorcycles legally but if you have a tag and title you can ride nearly a million acres perfectly legally and in my case I can begin right from the end of my driveway. I used to ride all over the forest on my 300 fourtrax I am waiting on parts for but because of how bad the feds and state got about actively hunting riders it has been parked for probably 12 to 15 years. China bikes are my way to get legal so that they can't harass me anymore.