Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2022, 10:53 AM   #1

Chain tensioners?

Sorry for spam posting, mind racing this morning. Any have experience with chain tensioners? When would you use one? Im having an issue right now after replacing front sprocket with 17t had to install new chain which i found out is a pain in the ass. Never had to mess with the chain to this extent before. Connected chain as tight as possible, when pulled tight with one hand only about 1 link of slack at most but when you connect and let go the slack lossens to the point chain will come off back sprocket when riding. Cant for the life of me get the rear axel bolt off to tighted the rear tire up. Its already starting to strip. Would consider throwing on a chain tension next day from amazon if they work with no problems. I kno it seems silly all i gota do is tighten the rear but this bolt is from satan himself

Old 08-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGcloner229 View Post
Sorry for spam posting, mind racing this morning. Any have experience with chain tensioners? When would you use one? Im having an issue right now after replacing front sprocket with 17t had to install new chain which i found out is a pain in the ass. Never had to mess with the chain to this extent before. Connected chain as tight as possible, when pulled tight with one hand only about 1 link of slack at most but when you connect and let go the slack lossens to the point chain will come off back sprocket when riding. Cant for the life of me get the rear axel bolt off to tighted the rear tire up. Its already starting to strip. Would consider throwing on a chain tension next day from amazon if they work with no problems. I kno it seems silly all i gota do is tighten the rear but this bolt is from satan himself

What is your bike? Mine is a magician and it has a spinning disk on the rear axle which you turn to hold the wheel tight.

If your rear axle bolt is stripped/damaged get a new one. You can get a thread pitch gauge. Like this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That will let you know what your thread size is, I think the magician uses m14 so you can check that at a hardware store.

Measure the length in MM and then order a bolt of similar size.

Are you saying your rear bolt is just loose? Don't ride it like that.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:28 PM   #3

No i couldnt losen my back tire nut to tighten chain slack but found out it has red loctite and the heat did the trick. Good info tho def need to pick one of thos up thanks m8!