Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2017, 01:17 AM   #1

None of my electric .on my hawk comes on after i tried to install the battery

Is there a fuse box for this bike? Because none of my electric would come on after i was trying to install the battery with the bike on (stupid me). Any help guys? I cant kick start this bike for the life of me. I really didnt think this bike is a piece of shit, but it really is

Old 04-15-2017, 02:00 AM   #2

Did you charge the battery after you added the acid? The bike does have a fuse and it's inside of a small white case. Mine has black tape around it because that's how I roll...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (87.7 KB, 1590 views)

Old 04-15-2017, 02:03 AM   #3

I'm putting mine together, too, and I found loose connections at the terminals on what looks like a starter relay, located just aft of the battery tray. Check there.

Old 04-15-2017, 06:13 AM   #4

Everything was working fine until I tried to put the battery back in after charging it. I shorted something out because nothing will come on even with jump start

Old 04-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #5

Sounds like the fuse or a connector came unplugged

Old 04-15-2017, 08:00 AM   #6

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBrooklynBoy View Post
Everything was working fine until I tried to put the battery back in after charging it. I shorted something out because nothing will come on even with jump start
Did you check the fuse?

Old 04-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Is there a fuse box for this bike? Because none of my electric would come on after i was trying to install the battery with the bike on (stupid me). Any help guys? I cant kick start this bike for the life of me. I really didnt think this bike is a piece of shit, but it really is
Well, something new. A motor cycle is a piece of shit because I installed it wrong. There is a procedure with the battery. You take it off of the bike, add the acid, let it sit for at least 4 hours, then charge it overnight at a 1 ampere rate. Don't try to rush these steps, short battery life will be the result. The battery comes stone dry, and has been for several months. After you put the acid in it has to soak those dry plates. Then a chemical reaction takes place, and the battery starts to charge itself. This takes a while. Then you have to charge it very slowly, until it is fully charged. It has to progress from a state of only a surface charge to soaking up a full charge. After it has been fully charged, it will accept a fast charge from the bike's alternator, after you start it....ARH

Old 04-15-2017, 01:40 PM   #8

Generally if you lose all power it is either the main fuse or the battery ground is loose on the frame and not completing the circuit. I've had the same thing happen on my TT 250 a couple of times and in every case it was the fuse. No power to everything and once I swapped out the fuse it was fine. The last time it happened I just started carrying fuses with me but I did notice that the fuse holder was starting to melt a little so if it happens again I'm going to swap it out for a newer style that takes the blade type fuses.
2016 CSC TT 250, 17/40 sprockets, JT 428 chain, Stock Keima carburetor with needle raised 1 notch and 115 main jet. Modified stock exhaust, Tachometer/Digital cluster upgrade. LED headlight, Superbrightleds 1157 Tail light bulb, Shinko 705's 90/90-21 and 120/80-18.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWFarrier View Post
I'm going to swap it out for a newer style that takes the blade type fuses.
I would think that should be one of the first mods to do to one of our bikes. I was having trouble with my fuse holder not making contact but not now after swapping out to the blade type holder.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #10

Quote:
I have to say blaming the bike for your mistake then calling it a pos really makes me have zero interest in helping in any way.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:53 AM   #11

Maybe he posted after he got leg pump and his foot hurt because he wasn't wearing boots when kick starting? The Hawk only has one fuse and if it is blown the bike won't start. Pulling the spark plug out and checking for a spark would show you that.

It's the Easter weekend and maybe the OP will post later about POS Hawk...

Old 04-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #12

Maybe he got the Easter bunny to fix it for him ,he has not been back in a while .