Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #1

Hensim HS250CR shifting problems

Hello Dual sports from Catdog. I have a Hensim HS250CR. I need help with the clutch adjustment!! any and all hints will be appreciated.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #2

Re: Hensim HS250CR shifting problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdog
Hello Dual sports from Catdog. I have a Hensim HS250CR. I need help with the clutch adjustment!! any and all hints will be appreciated.
I thought I'd post to get this thread moving. I find it interesting nobody has answered of yet. Wish I could help you but I'm of no use, never done that myself.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:16 AM   #3

You're looking for more then the cable adjustment correct? I'm not an expert, this link may have some helpful information, but I'm not sure if it will directly apply to your situation, sorry. http://www.dansmc.com/clutches.htm and possibly this link http://www.snowvalley.20m.com/bikes/clutches.htm

Old 05-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #4

According to the Clymer Honda manual that covers 200cc models from 1978 to 1996, which most of our Lifanoid machines are based on:

For the clutch to fully engage, there must be 5/8” to 1” of freeplay. Minor adjustment can be made at the lever and additional adjustment can be made at the clutch actuating lever on the engine or in-line adjuster on the clutch cable.

My method is to fully seat the clutch lever adjuster and begin with the clutch actuating lever and the in-line adjuster (if so equipped). Proper adjustment is achieved once you have the necessary freeplay, as measured by the gap between the perch and the lever. As the cable stretches over time, the freeplay gap between the lever and perch will widen. This will be easily adjusted at the lever adjuster, since it was fully seated from the start. Make sure that all adjuster lock nuts are tight after adjustment.

If proper adjustment cannot be achieved with all three adjusters (or two as the case may be), the cable is stretched to the point where it needs replacing.

Make sure that the clutch fully disengages when the lever is pulled. If it does not, the bike will creep in gear when stopped. Also make sure the clutch fully engages; if it does not, the clutch will slip, particularly when accelerating in high gear.

Thanks for bring this back TTT, TurboT.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer