Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #1

Enduros, Hare Scrambles & Turkey Runs...

I haven't ridden off-road for 35 years(hard to believe..), I doubt I'd be very competitive or even want to be, but I've stumbled on to these races and I'm feeling the call to try them out....
Not that I had a thought of entering races and events when I was looking for a dual-sport, but I think the Pitster Pro XTR250 LC would be a great bike to get started into this kind of riding on. After some practice and getting the rust out, so don't make a complete ass of myself or make problems on the track, these runs would be a great way to get "pushed" to improve. I bet getting involved with the race community, even as a casual, would be a great leaning experience for riding and the bike mechanical stuff .
I am over 50, but have no heath problems or chronic injuries, I'm in good shape from consistent training so the physical aspect shouldn't be an issue, I just need to brush up off-road riding skills.
-New England Trail Riders Association
https://www.netra.org/
-Events
https://www.netra.org/events/

Old 01-07-2019, 10:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
I am over 50, but have no heath problems or chronic injuries, I'm in good shape from consistent training so the physical aspect shouldn't be an issue, I just need to brush up off-road riding skills.
i remember those days... ;-)
Keep us posted! I want to live vicariously through your experience.
After all, I'm still damn good in my dreams!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #3

That looks like fun! GO FOR IT!

Old 01-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #4

Yup ,looks like fun ,go for it .

Old 01-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #5

The NETRA has a "senior-novice" class.. I'll fit right into

Old 01-07-2019, 01:06 PM   #6

it will be interesting to hear how the CBs stand up to the beating of these types of events.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
it will be interesting to hear how the CBs stand up to the beating of these types of events.
When the Hawks were starting to come on strong here on Chinariders, I recall on guy competing with his in some kind of race, complete with Video. He didn't do too well, but the bike held up. The Hawk is no Pitster, so my guess will hold up as well. It could possibly be competitive, depending on PaiN's skill level and his experience coming back to him. Go PaiN!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #8

Quote:
I'm sure, even in my class I'd be up against more powerful, better suspended bikes with more experienced pilots. I probably don't have a chance in hell of placing. But I'd go in expecting this, with the attitude of learning and maximizing what I have to do the best I can... Confucius Say

Old 01-07-2019, 05:09 PM   #9

Quote:
There are people that race the SSR SR250S and SR450S competitively and have for a few years now with great success. The higher end Chinese dirt bikes can actually be very competitive in their classes. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Pitster bikes can also be just as successful given the much higher grade of hardware that they come with - such as the fully adjustable long travel Fast Ace suspension that can be valved and tuned, or the host of higher quality billet aluminum triples, hubs, and 7000 grade aluminum rims. They are in a much different class than the typical Chonda bikes.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124