Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2019, 06:27 PM   #1

Brozz 250 Review

Well I put about 105 miles on the Brozz today. I would say 75 miles of back roads and another 30 of trails. Some of the trails were very difficult and technical. Some I questioned whether the bike could make it through. All in all the bike did extremely well. This was the first real shake down I have been able to do with it. It increased my confidence in the bike’s capabilities quite a bit.

I have waited to write up a proper review of the bike until I had been able to use it off-road. My brother and I took our bikes out this morning around 10am and finished up about 3:30. He has a Bashan Enforcer/Hawk 2/etc. This is the one we had to replace the stator on after purchasing it off CL. That bike ran great too.

When I received the bike from Peace Sports (great company!) it came well crated and with all the documentation I needed to get it registered here in Maine. The build when routinely well. I had to use some of the online videos to see where certain bolts went. I did end up with some extra washers and I also had to use some hardware I had at my house in order to finish it. Overall very minor. I wish it had some instructions and I would have liked the hardware to have been labeled but I understand this is all part of the CB experience. After completing the build, I found the bike to be in basically mint condition. I could not find a scratch or blemish anywhere. I did receive two right passenger foot pegs and zero left passenger pegs. A quick email to Jeff at Peace and the foot peg was in the mail and has since been installed. I also found that my gear indicator was not reading correctly and subsequently found a pinched cable down at the sprocket cover. Again, a quick email to Jeffrey and a gear indicator sensor went in the mail yesterday (according to Melinda at Peace Sports who has been very good a communicating with me). Other than a few fit and finish issues (things don’t always line up as perfectly as you would hope) I have been overall very pleased.

Riding the bike. The bike runs amazing. My first start up was pretty much instantaneous and every startup since has been the same. It starts without choke down as low as 48’F. (That’s the coldest I have ever tried to start it). My first 300 miles I found to be lacking in power. If I were to be doing 50 and begin to climb a hill, the speed would start to drop and there was nothing that could be done to increase it. Now at over 430 miles, that doesn’t happen nearly as bad. I can actually accelerate going up those same hills. I believe my rings are very close to being seated. I have found the digital speedo is off by about 5 miles per hour (reads 45 but actually going 40). The controls are easy to access and the layout is very intuitive. In 5th gear at 55 on the speedo I am 6k rpm.

The tires are one of the reasons I bought this model. I plan to do mostly street riding with occasional trails and dirt roads. Today really put those tires to the test. They are really great on the road and “ok” on the trails. They perform pretty much how I knew they would on the trails. They do fine through woods trails with hard dirt and roots/some rocks. When in sand they are TERRIBLE. Not the fault of the tire, they are not designed for sand. I almost washed out a few times today in sandy areas. You have to pick your track and try not turn. After almost washing out the first time I learned my lesson and went slow through subsequent sandy areas with my feet near the ground.

We did some seriously tough sections on the power lines today. Up severely rocky inclines with large rocks, boulders, and gravel, all while going up steep hills. It wasn’t easy but the bike did fairly good. Tires could have used some more grip but again, they aren’t made for that type of terrain. Overall I was pretty happy (happy I didn’t crash haha). My brothers bike did well too but he has 18/21 rims with knobby tires. We didn’t do any real mud so I can’t comment on how it would do in those situations but I suspect not great.

The suspension was a real surprise. It did really well. I weigh about 180 and I did more sitting than standing today. I don’t think I bottomed it out and if I did, it wasn’t very hard. The front shocks are a little on the soft side and could probably use some different weight fork oil.

The brakes seemed pretty good on the road but I noticed they are not as good on the trails as I thought they would be. I went down a few very steep inclines using a combination of front and rear brakes and I noticed the front brake wasn’t as effective as it had seemed on the road. Maybe it’s just me but they seemed more spongy. The Brozz does have braided brake lines. Maybe it needs better brake fluid.

At one point during the day I noticed gas tank was leaning off to the left. The tank doesn’t seem particularly secure. I was able to move it back to the right but even though the tank is connected to both front tank “knobs” it still moves around a little. Not a big deal just one of those fit and finish issues I mentioned above.

I think the handlebars could use some risers. I had a hard time standing up on the pegs and holding on to the bars. I had to hunch over a bit too much and I am only 5’9”.

The seat is fantastic. Very comfortable and you really feel planted. My brother was struggling with his a bit as he said he kept sliding forward into the tank. To be fair, his bike is taller than mine so maybe that is part of the issue. The foam on my seat is great and after 5 hours of riding today my butt is fine.

The chain is terrible. It continues to stretch. Every 75 miles or so I realize the chain has gotten longer.

Would I buy this bike again or recommend it to others? Yes and yes. So far I am very happy. The only thing I tell people when talking about the bike is that you have to be willing to 1. Learn, and 2. Wrench on it a bit more than a Japanese bike. If you have OCD and want things to be perfect, you will be disappointed. I do have a bit of OCD and it drives me crazy when things aren’t exactly right. I am trying hard to get over it! The bike is a lot of fun and I am looking forward to more adventures.

Here are some pics from today.

Last edited by Armycopter; 09-29-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:38 PM   #2

Great Wright up. Enjoy those good times together while you can.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-29-2019, 08:25 PM   #3

Excellent review. Just over 700 on mine now, it's been an excellent bike. I'm surprised to hear about the chain, I've only had to adjust mine once. But figures, since I bought a new chain when I ordered the bike expecting to need it soon (did on prior bikes).

Hope you have a lot of fun with, thanks for sharing.