Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #1

PowersportsMax.com - Dealer Reviews

The following is a compilation of posts I made in other threads and some other comments about my order of a DB-P12 from PowersportsMax.com. During this time I found out that the same company, Deeal Inc., also owns Bike2Go.com. At the bottom I will rate the different aspects of my experience.

July 20th 2007:
Quote:
Today I walked up to the edge... Took a look into the abyss...

And JUMPED!

Ordered my RED Shineray Speedee DB-P12 200cc from PowerSportsMax.com.
July 21st 2007:
Quote:
I called and talked to a guy named Franco before I ordered and he said mine would go out on Monday and I would get a tracking # then.
July 26th 2007:
Quote:
The trucking co. said mine should be delivered tomorrow but I have yet to get a call from the driver so who knows? I'll start a new thread when I get mine to document my experience with PowersportsMax.com and my 'Speedee' DB-p12 200cc.
(trucking co. is DHE - Dependable Highway Express)

July 31st 2007:
Quote:
Didn't get it yet but...

It's not PowersportsMax.coms' fault!

I live in a really remote area 65 miles from the nearest large city which is Las Vegas. PowersportsMax.com contracted DHE trucking to deliver my bike and they picked it up in L.A., took it to Sacramento (foul ball). When it didn't show up all week I called DHE Wed. and they said I would get it Friday, when I called Friday they were very evasive about the whole thing. Monday I finally got through to someone high enough up to find out what was going on. Apparently once it got to Sacramento they THEN discovered that they don't service southern Nevada!?! Needless to say, I was VERY upset! 4 days off work for nothing!

It is supposed to be delivered back to PowersportsMax.com by noon tomorrow (Aug. 1st) where I assume (always a bad thing) that PowersportsMax.com has arranged for another carrier. DHE said I'm supposed to call PowersportsMax.com after noon to find out what's what.

PowersportsMax.com did not return calls I made during this time (strike 1), but they were in contact with DHE trying to work out an alternative with them (Ball 1). DHE only said that they could not fulfill the contract and they were returning the shipment (unsportsmanlike behavior, tossed out of game) and that I should contact PowersportsMax.com after noon tomorrow. Again I have to assume (Rolling Eyes) that PowersportsMax.com didn't call me back because they were still trying to work it out.

I'll let everyone who's interested in this know what I find out tomorrow. I also plan to make a full report in the 'Dealer Discussion' forum once it is all resolved, one way or the other.
August 1st 2007: (about PowersportsMax.com)
Quote:
Well... Tried calling again today. No answer and the voicemail box was full.

Submitted a fresh "ticket" email through their site...

"Hi guys,

I'm trying to stay positive here but you have not answered my calls for 5 business days now. I know this shipping screw up was NOT your fault. I would just like some contact with you guys to make me feel better, just to hear you say that we are working on it is enough for now. I may be able to help by picking it up from a terminal in Las Vegas or Henderson, Nevada. I'm sure it would be a lot easier to find an LTL carrier to a major hub rather than my remote address.

Please, please contact me. I'm not hard to deal with, I'm not going to rant and rave. I live in a rural area, this is not the first time I've had trouble getting something delivered. It is however the first time a company has not responded to my calls.

Drew Vroman
702-3XX-X9X"

This is the response I got about a half hour later...

"Dear customer,
I am very sorry for your problem,i have checked your order,the shipping company said can't ship to that place and they return it to the SM manufacturer,i will notify our manager ,and then give you an early reply.
Sorry,
PowersportsMax.com Service"

Sender name was listed as Orrise. Juan was the one dealing with DHE. Orrise obviously didn't know about my situation previously.

I'll call this 'ball 2' but it was a checked swing and could have easily been called strike 2 by a less forgiving umpire!

Thus the saga continues... Keep your fingers crossed for me please. Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
I thought usually there would be a phone number/contact number for both sender and reciever so contact could be attempted to avoid such things as "sending an item back".

Also, to be addressed as "Customer" seems very generic..... Sorry to hear of your trouble. Good luck.

Jack
Quote:
mrhyak,

The original bill of lading has both addresses and phone #'s. Nobody called me, I had to call them (the freight co.). They picked the bike up on the 23rd apparently without checking the address.

Update:
I just now got a final update from DHE (the freight co.) that included a scan of the 'no service area' notice to Deeal Inc, (PowersportsMax.com) They knew they had screwed up on the 26th, AND they had the %alls to charge Deeal Inc. $127 bucks for the round trip (Whittier, CA to Sacramento, CA and back again)! Bet I'm their favorite customer right now.
August 2nd 2007:
Quote:
Franco is THE MAN!!!

Franco is the guy at PowersportsMax.com that I originally talked to right before I ordered. Today he called me to say that they were sorry and would be crediting my account a full refund. I was bummin' and asked him if there was any other option, could I pick it up at their warehouse (no), could they ship it to another city such as St. George, Utah (about 3 hours north of me)? Franco said "St. George?", yeah I could drive up and pick it up from a terminal... So Franco said "let me check on that possibility, I'll call you back in a few minutes".

About 15 minutes later Franco called me back and said that the freight company that could do St. George didn't have a terminal there and they can only deliver to commercial addresses. Guess what? I live at a commercial address! "Can they deliver here if it's a commercial address", I asked, "let me put you on hold while I check" he says...

A minute or two went by and Franco comes back on the line, "Good news! They will pick it up tomorrow before 3 PM and you should get it Monday or Tuesday, you should get a new tracking# by Friday evening." (it's going, going, looks like a Home Run, bottom of the 9th, score tied 0-0, this could be the game winning hit!).

Whew, that was a close one! Cause I really want that 'Speedee'!!!

O.K. so we'll see if it really happens this time. Just to reiterate PowersportsMax.com was NOT responsible for the shipping foul up. They processed my order very quickly (ordered on Fri., shipped on Mon.) but were slow to respond to me once there was a problem. To be fair, I believe that they were trying to find an alternative way to get it to me.

I'll post again when I get a confirmed tracking #.
The new carrier is CFL - Central Freight Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Why didn't you have them ship it to your commercial address to begin with?
Quote:
I was impressed with Franco. He seemed genuinely sad that they would not be able to fulfill my order and jumped at the opportunity to find a solution that was 'outside the box'.

Quote:
Why didn't you have them ship it to your commercial address to begin with?

They have an account with Dependable (yeah, right.) Highway Express and apparently use them pretty much exclusively. By filling out a bill of lading, picking up the freight and providing a tracking #, they essentially said they would deliver to my address. It was only after they had wracked up some charges that they decided to inform PSM & myself that they could not deliver on their contract. DHE didn't care what my address was "no LTL service to southern Nevada" period. PSM is using an alternative carrier that only does commercial.

I have a very unusual address, we live in employee housing of the Echo Bay Resort & Marina inside the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. My wife is the Hotel Manager. All the mail and normal (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.) packages go through the administration building. Everybody here (about 120 employees) has the same address, which is a commercial address, and we pick up our mail/packages at the administration building. When the driver calls, I am hoping to convince him of the commercial nature of the employee housing, but if all else fails I will get a few volunteers to help me load it in our Suburban and transport it the 1 mile from admin. to our house.

Thanks for all the support!!!
August 3rd 2007:
Here I am leaving out the part where other forum members were trying to help me out and I embarrassed myself by telling them I didn't need help. In my own defense I will state that I was not in my right mind after not being able to get a new tracking # that afternoon and facing another weekend of not knowing. :roll: Once again, sorry for my harshness, I really do appreciate all of your support.

August 6th 2007:
Quote:
Well it looks like the great shipping drama may be nearing the end!

My bike is in Las Vegas (65 miles away) and the agent/trucker who is handling the final delivery is supposed to call me 1 hour before delivery which will be either this afternoon or tomorrow.

PowersportsMax.com when above and beyond to make this delivery happen. They lost money on the first shipper who refused to deliver to my address. They then offered a full refund, but found an alternate when I told them I really just wanted the bike, not a refund. They are a bit lacking in the communication arena (they may just not have enough people) but once you get them on the phone they are GREAT, courteous, helpful and very understanding.
August 7th 2007:
Quote:
Well, I think I must be going for some kind of record and nobody bothered to tell me about it...

17 days, 3 freight lines, 11 phone calls, and 5 promised "tomorrow"s since I ordered!
I'm sure that when the truck finally arrives a partridge will be sitting in a pear tree somewhere nearby!

1 driver for my area, took out morning load in opposite direction from me, was supposed to pick up and deliver my bike this afternoon, didn't get back from morning load until it was too late to deliver mine.

CFL says they are marking it as a 'hot' delivery and it will go out first thing in the morning. I sure hope so, don't know how much more I can take without going bonkers!!!

Just a reminder, none of this was PowersportsMax.coms' fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Your luck is as bad as mine..SHEEEEEEEEEEESH

My pshyic power tells me that Your bike arrive tomorrow at 1:30 in the afternoon
August 8th 2007:
Quote:
YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!!!!

AZ200cc you forgot about the time zone, you're on Mountain time, I'm on Pacific... It arrived at 2:33 P.M.!!!! You better get more $$$ from Maury!

Perfect condition. unloading was a breeze, they sent it in a regular 3/4 ton van and we just slid it out the back right in my driveway.

102F in the shade right now and humidity is high so I have to work in spurts Laughing

Thanks again everyone for the support!
shipping breakdown:
$199 - My cost
$127 - DHL charge to Deeal Inc.
$250 - CFL charge to Deeal Inc.
--------------------------------------
$178 - Deeal Inc. loss on shipping

The ratings:
A- PowersportsMax.com in general
B PowersportsMax.com communication
A+ Shineray DB-P12 Speedee 200
A+ Packaging
F- Dependable Highway Express (A.K.A. Dastardly Hijack Express)
A Central Freight Lines (a day late, but hey, they got it here!)

Although my overall experience was very stressful because of the shipping snafu I can wholeheartedly recommend PowersportsMax.com without reservations. Even with the communication hassles, they went above & beyond to fulfill my order. Contact them by phone first and have them check your address with the shipper. I'm sure they won't mind after losing money on my order. They won't want that to happen again. If they don't answer the phone, keep trying until you get through. I had the best luck in the early mornings.

I still have to call them to get my MSO & Bill of Sale, but I already know from parallax that that won't be a problem.

I will order from these guys again when we get my wifes' quad.

parallax: I urge you to write a report of your experiences in this thread to balance mine and show how smoothly Powersportsmax.com can do things if you don't have a weird address!

This thread is for reviews of PowersportsMax.com, Bike2Go.com or Deeal Inc. Please do not post here unless you have had dealings with them. PM me if you have questions about my experience. Thanks!

Old 08-25-2007, 11:01 PM   #2

August 24th 2007:
Received my MSO and Bill of Sale. 10 business days after I called (I did not ask for rush delivery). Everything is filled out according to my request of what is needed in AZ.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #3

So a ride report is FINALLY coming Congrats.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #4

Review

Sent my $$$ Aug 9 (Money Order)
Had to call a few times to get the order cashed and placed in the system.
Order recorded Aug. 21
Shipped Aug 23
Received Aug 27

Overall, I really liked working with Powersportsmax. The only slowup was geting the moneyorder cashed (took about 5 days), but they were very helpful and shipping was faster than expected. Great company, great product.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #5

On the 21st of Feb, I placed an order online for the SSR 110 DX3 Pit Bike; regular processing, no rush.

The bike shipped out on the 28th through Saia.

I was contacted by Saia to schedule a delivery date and time. It was set up for 4-6pm on the 5th of March. I waited till 7 and nothing showed. Called Saia to find out that they wouldn't go down my road since it isn't paved. I did notice after talking with Saia headquarters that an unknown number called my phone around 6, but they were reluctant to leave a message.

Set up a new delivery for the 7th, and I was going to meet the truck somewhere on asphalt near my place. Driver called and we chose a parking lot about a mile from my place. (It was in an 18 wheeler) Loaded it in my truck and took it home.

Also need to get my MSO and bill of sale, but I'm not too worried about that right now.

My overall experience with PowerSportsMax was good. They have a large selection of products and good prices on all the Chinabikes.

Jeremy