Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2022, 02:02 PM   #1

lowering the height on a TT250

I know this has been touched on before. How difficult/feasible is it to lower the height of this bike just maybe an inch or so? I'm just weighing options as opposed to springing for the $250 lowered seat that I hear is more comfortable. Having never owned a bike, my worry is that I'd throw off the balance and end up with a bigger problem. I'm still a little behind the line on figuring out all the differences between suspension, damping, etc, which is why I sort of feel like I'm not qualified to start messing with this at this moment in my life.

Old 02-15-2022, 02:45 PM   #2

If you can afford it, go for the seat. There are options to lower the suspension a little, but it will require a new shorter shock for the rear. Up front you can simply raise the forks in the triple a little bit, but doing just this on its own isn't the best idea.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 02-15-2022, 03:31 PM   #3

Makes sense. Yea I'm not looking for a project, if it was anything more than a 1hr minor adjustment, I don't want to mess with it. I can plant the balls of my feet firmly, and flat footed on my left with just a tiny bit of a lean, which is probably fine for street but once summer comes and I can find some trails I might be forced to go for the lowered seat.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:39 PM   #4

If the rear shock has an adjustable coilover you may be able to lower it a bit. The shock has to be remove. I lowered my hawk about 2 inches .
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !

Old 02-15-2022, 08:27 PM   #5

There is a thread on the BMS 250 CRP. A husband and wife bought his and her dual sports, and the wife kept up with the thread. At one point, she cut out a couple inches of foam in her seat and used an industrial stapler to put the vinyl back on. She reported that it worked very well for her. OK, found the thread. Search through and see if cutting out foam is something you would be comfortable doing. http://chinariders.net/showthread.ph...ghlight=crp250

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-16-2022, 12:56 PM   #6

I actually did run into that thread awhile ago. It was an idea, but I think I'd rather have the full padding with smooth vinyl, as I know I would not be able to do a clean job. Thank you for finding the article for me!

Old 02-16-2022, 01:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopsweat View Post
I actually did run into that thread awhile ago. It was an idea, but I think I'd rather have the full padding with smooth vinyl, as I know I would not be able to do a clean job. Thank you for finding the article for me!
It seems like an good alternative plan to lowering, but I don't think I would have the confidence to NOT destroy my seat, lol. It is kind of the idea behind the dedicated CSC seat they sell, but that one is pre-made and done correctly, unlike what mine would end up like

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-17-2022, 08:57 AM   #8

I bit the bullet and ordered Seat Concepts seats for my wife's TT and my daughter's TT. The $500 was a steep price to pay for both seats, but it was a one-time hit and it's worked out well. My advice: save your pennies and order the Seat Concepts. It lowers your center of gravity, and makes it even more fun to ride off road!! :-)
2021 CSC TT250 - White (Daughter's) "Gemini"