Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #1

thescootersfactory.com ?? Any one have experience with them

Greetings!

I did a search for this seller, but didn't come up with much (user Beavis bought from them, but no follow up..). Has anyone else dealt with these guys?

Here's the link: www.scootersfactory.com

I was planning on picking up whatever I get, but they also offer free shipping which is cool.
Thanks,
NV

Old 04-18-2008, 04:06 PM   #2

I haven't seen anything from them, but if you can pick it up that would be a plus.

The prices seem to be good.

If you are in CA you should check to make sure you can register them there.

Allen

Old 04-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #3

Interesting that they show a Qingqi for sale; not a Qlink (I know it's the photo, but by not mentioning Qlink, and the fact that Qingqi is EPA/DOT, and that Qingqi OEM's for Qlink) so I guess they imported a container, or part of a container of Qingqi's.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I haven't seen anything from them, but if you can pick it up that would be a plus.

The prices seem to be good.

If you are in CA you should check to make sure you can register them there.

Allen
Actually I'm in northern Nevada. As long as it's got a dot/epa sticker, I think i'll be good to go. I've seen a couple of china bikes running around the area (bushan?) with plates on em, so I hope I wont have any problems.
NV

Old 04-19-2008, 06:32 AM   #5

Nevada is probably more lenient.

Allen

Old 04-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #6

I called them today, and the saleslady was pretty clueless about the Qingqi GY-A. She kept reading the specs from their internet ad. I did inquire as to whether they actually sell Qingqi or Qlink, and, well, she didn't really know, even though they "borrowed" Qlink's images for their site. I figured it wasn't a Qlink as they only offer a 90-day warranty vs. Qlink's 2-year warranty.

On the site, it mentions that they will assemble the bike for $99. I was hoping to have them do this, after having purchased it and registering it here in AZ, going to Ontario, Cali with the plate, registration, and insurance in hand, to ride it the 250 miles or so (yes, slowly, not on the freeways/highways to break it in)back to Yuma.

She let it slip that the assembly mention was a mistake for this bike as they don't have it in stock, and drop ship these bikes, vs. the scooters that they do keep in stock.

While I wasn't impressed with them, I am intrigued as to who keeps the Qingqis in the US in a warehouse for wholesale? Will have to investigate this...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #7

Yeah that is the same as the xf200, just cheaper, but not by much, and I wonder if you can register this with Q to get the 2 year warranty, man black looks good on this bike

Old 04-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizn
Yeah that is the same as the xf200, just cheaper, but not by much, and I wonder if you can register this with Q to get the 2 year warranty, man black looks good on this bike
I think they are offering it a little cheaper to attract you over the Qlink, but 90 days vs. 2 years is a big difference to pay the extra--some places are selling the Qlink OTD for $2k (locally vs. mail order, but still...)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-21-2008, 07:02 PM   #9

I've noticed that some distributors/dealers, offer alot less warranty than the actual manufacturer does. is there a price difference in ordering by the container, hum ! one will never know how many warranties it will take to get to the bottom of this .
DD

Old 04-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog
I've noticed that some distributors/dealers, offer alot less warranty than the actual manufacturer does. is there a price difference in ordering by the container, hum ! one will never know how many warranties it will take to get to the bottom of this .
DD
It's funny you mentioned this. 'Crazy Carl' just posted his photos/story on his trip to the Qingqi factory in China. According to him, an importer of Qingqi's products bringing in a container load would have to order 10% in parts.

To me, an importer would benefit by having a short warranty period (i.e. 90 days that scooterfactory has for their Qingqi) and then can sell you the parts that should have been taken care of by a warranty.

Qlink has others OEM for them, and are not bound by the 10% parts demand, but places its own 2 year warranty, and (hopefully) ordered enough parts, or at least negotiated for them, to cover the warranties.

Again, it would be more beneficial for the extra few hundred to get a 2 year warranty vs. the 90 warranty. If the price for the Qingqi-branded bike is far less (let's say, $1800), than the cost to (possibly) repair vs. upfront cost is more relevant.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #11

i've been reading up on Qlink and i find there warranty tops the best, now thats service :wink:

Old 04-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog
i've been reading up on Qlink and i find there warranty tops the best, now thats service :wink:
UM has a better warranty, but both seem to have let members down here (SamM and his Ebay Qlink XR-200) and, I forgot the member with the UM DSF, had some recent problems. I would consider carrying Qlink in the line-up if I had a shop.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #13

They should sell for 1800 and with a one year warranty, then they would out sell all 200cc bikes