Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #1

ATA250-E specs

Hello,
I bought one of these ATV's this week from eBay.
http://ttscooter.com/index.asp?PageA...PROD&ProdID=21
I am assembling it now and wanted to find out a few things. Does anyone know who makes the motor or how I can find out? I want to replace the spark plug before I start it. I have searched the net to find any kind of manual but seen nothing. It came with a small container of liquid which I think is for the battery. Can anyone confirm?
I have replace any nuts I could with lock nuts and taken out any bolts I can and installed lock-tite.
I dumped the stock oil and put in synthetic 10-50.
I bought this for my wife to cruise around on. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this bike? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #2

Re: ATA250-E specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker84
Hello,
I bought one of these ATV's this week from eBay.
http://ttscooter.com/index.asp?PageA...PROD&ProdID=21
I am assembling it now and wanted to find out a few things. Does anyone know who makes the motor or how I can find out?
The site said the motor is made by Loncin

WATER COOLED POWER ENGINE! DUAL A-ARM!! 4 STROKE PERFORMANCE!!! 5 SPEED WITH REVERSE! COOL RUGGED LOOK!!KEY FEATURES:250CC 4 STROKE LONCIN ENGINE/ RUGGED SPORT STYLE / DUAL A-ARM / 5 SPEED WITH REVERSE / WATER COOLED / WISHBONE AIR SHOCK FRONT SUSPENSION / REAR MONO-SHOCK SWING ARM

It was buried in there, and if you are new or newer to Chinese bikes, you probably wouldn't know what a "Loncin" is.

The liquid is most likely battery acid, so don't drink it or wash with it!!

Don't know the answers to most of the other questions. Loncin isn't a major Chinese player in the US, but were around more a few years back. The other prep items, such as replacing nuts and Locktiting, and replacing the oil, are very proactive and beneficial items; although someone might have a better oil suggestion than synthetic 10-50 (we did just have an oil discussion in the dual sport area a couple of weeks ago). If I remember, synthetic should not be used until after break-in, so you might want to wait until you have an answer from one of our oil knowledgeable members.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #3

It is a nice looking bike.And it looks like you have done your research on chinese bikes.I don't have your brand chinese atv but most of them are pretty much the same.Keep an eye on the fluids,nuts bolt,ext.and you should be just fine.Good luck with the new ride.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #4

Thanks for all the info so fast!
I don't know much about the loncin engine but after checking into it I guess most people were pleased with them. Thanks for all the tips.
I am going to try a DR8ES NGK spark plug. I think that is what should be used.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #5

jwalker84 i am having problems identifing my quad but it looks identical to yours any way can you can help me with how the wiring goes i am pulling my hair out trying to fix my wiring

Old 05-26-2008, 02:30 AM   #6

should'nt use synthetic oil till after break , that gives the rings a chance to seat good, :!: :!: :o but thats just my opinion

Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to jeremy0714
http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...roducts_id/829

is that the same model to ATA250-E? anyone who got this bike? give some suggestion, thanks.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #8

aim-ex taotao 250e

the one pictured in your post is a aim-ex taotao 250e, i got mine wednesday and put it together today, i spent about 2 hours working on putting it together today, i put locktight on a majority of the bolts and changed the oil as soon as i got the atv to a major brand 10/40. it cranked right up with no issues. i rode it for about 4 hours today, i tightend the chain and adjusted the brakes to suit my needs before i rode it for the first time. i drag race as a hobby so turning a wrench is not a problem for me and working on this atv was a snap compared to my race car. i got the atv for 1090 shipped to my door so all in all i am pretty happy with how it did today. it even has a electric fan that kicks on if you are sitting at a idle to cool the radiator. oh yeah i am going to change the plug to a ngk tommorrow. i am 6ft 1 225lbs and it pulls me good but i think after a good break in i doubt it will pull me to 50mph, but its plenty to suit my needs. (mainly a atv to ride in the pits at the racetrack and trails at the ole ladys house. i'll post some pics tommorrow. if anyone gets one of these and need a walk thru on putting it together hit me up at birdonnos@aol.com i'll answer any questions you have.