Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #1

Decision FINAL... i did it... just NOW

I literally just got off the phone with CSC and bought the tt250 in white!! I was about to buy the Brozz but changed my mind at the very last second.
Only reason being is because i feel more comfortable with the CSC establishment. I was however looking forward to putting together the Brozz but hey i guess there is something to be said about just opening a crate and getting to ride it right away.

Only options i got for now was i ordered the knobby tires and paid to have them put on and shipped with the bike. I just figured that it would be best to just get the more enduro type tires right off the bat so i dont have to worry about all the NY salt and sand when it starts snowing. And i wont hesitate then to just find an offroad path and hit it. I am a little worried though about the 10mile road commute i have to do every day with the knobby tires. Someone told me they feel very unstable at 45 50mph.

I was hoping the shipping would be faster, they said anout 3 weeks. Which sucks, but what can ya do right.

The buying experience was great by the way. The gentleman i spoke to, the head guy KP was very courteous and helpful and we had some laughs.

I will be making video content of this (china bike and my first intro to enduros) on my youtube channel and instagram. Right now my YT channel is down so i can finish editing many hours of my Ninja 636 footage. But it will be up as soon as that is done and i will be documenting the tt250 journey.

Insta@ ninjaSICKthirtysix

Now my only concern is mot fitting on it comfortably so guys help me out. I dont want to spend $250 on a new seat as i am already 1 grand over budget, i am 5'8 30inch inseam.

I also dont want to completely bottom out the forks and rear shock, so it seems the only option is to shave the seat 2 inches.

Or does anyone know the exact link/model name to a different rear shock?

I am excited and looking forward to being a part of this community!

Old 10-21-2020, 03:50 PM   #2

Congrats! Just wait until you get it to decide if you're too short. I'm sure that you'll be fine, it's not like you need both feet down or anything.

Old 10-21-2020, 03:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Congrats! Just wait until you get it to decide if you're too short. I'm sure that you'll be fine, it's not like you need both feet down or anything.

Thank you! I cannot wait to get it.

Old 10-21-2020, 04:06 PM   #4

Three weeks!? That's brutal! But I guess I'm spoiled, ordered my hawk from q9 and got it 5 days later!

Glad you got a new whip on the way, I absolutely LOVE my Hawk!

Old 10-21-2020, 04:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSICKthirtysix View Post

Now my only concern is mot fitting on it comfortably so guys help me out. I dont want to spend $250 on a new seat as i am already 1 grand over budget, i am 5'8 30inch inseam.

!
I don't think you will go wrong with the TT250 (nor the Brozz, but you bought the CSC) so congrats are in order!

Last year on the Arizona group ride (not sure if you read any of it--we are doing it again this year) I did not have a bike (still don't) so planned on taking my Subaru Impreza car as a chase vehicle (not the best vehicle as it is an actual car and isn't the Crosstrek or OUtback with their mild offroad abilities). I was wearing an old pair of middle-age man slip-on Sketchers, which were worn down. I am 5'7" (maybe less as I am getting older?? ) and member Emerikol had his DR650, and his buddy had flown out from Georgia and was on his Hawk. The starting point was a deserty parking lot on packed sand. He offered me to ride his DR650. I tried getting up on that beast, and kinda did, but with old, slip-on Sketchers, was feeling a bit unstable and did not want to drop his bike. I hopped off (yes, once the kickstand was down). Next he offered his Hawk 250 (pretty much the same dimensions of the Hawk). I was able to get up on it, and was able to hold it up in spite of having the completely WRONG footware using the balls of my feet. Started the beast up, rode it down the road and back, stopped, and still held it up using the balls of my feet/toes. Hopped off and put the kickstand down--did not drop it at all (which was my goal ).

Now, this was on uneven, soft ground, and like I said I had old shoes on. I am used to dirt bikes and dual-sports, and have ridden them for over 20 years, so my legs and feet are 'trained' for these bikes, but I can attest that you at 5' 8" should be fine as long as you are wearing much more proper footware. Like Franque mentioned, wait before committing yourself to butchering the seat. You having experience with your Ninja shows you already know how to ride, so you probably won't feel as awkard as you feel you might

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-21-2020, 04:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Last year on the Arizona group ride (not sure if you read any of it--we are doing it again this year)
Group ride in Arizona you say?

Old 10-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #7

This is in the 'Riding' section above. The thread started last year, but the ride will start at the same spot this year (last few pages of the thread) We are meeting on November 7th. Keep an eye on the thread for any late details http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24455

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I don't think you will go wrong with the TT250 (nor the Brozz, but you bought the CSC) so congrats are in order!

Last year on the Arizona group ride (not sure if you read any of it--we are doing it again this year) I did not have a bike (still don't) so planned on taking my Subaru Impreza car as a chase vehicle (not the best vehicle as it is an actual car and isn't the Crosstrek or OUtback with their mild offroad abilities). I was wearing an old pair of middle-age man slip-on Sketchers, which were worn down. I am 5'7" (maybe less as I am getting older?? ) and member Emerikol had his DR650, and his buddy had flown out from Georgia and was on his Hawk. The starting point was a deserty parking lot on packed sand. He offered me to ride his DR650. I tried getting up on that beast, and kinda did, but with old, slip-on Sketchers, was feeling a bit unstable and did not want to drop his bike. I hopped off (yes, once the kickstand was down). Next he offered his Hawk 250 (pretty much the same dimensions of the Hawk). I was able to get up on it, and was able to hold it up in spite of having the completely WRONG footware using the balls of my feet. Started the beast up, rode it down the road and back, stopped, and still held it up using the balls of my feet/toes. Hopped off and put the kickstand down--did not drop it at all (which was my goal ).

Now, this was on uneven, soft ground, and like I said I had old shoes on. I am used to dirt bikes and dual-sports, and have ridden them for over 20 years, so my legs and feet are 'trained' for these bikes, but I can attest that you at 5' 8" should be fine as long as you are wearing much more proper footware. Like Franque mentioned, wait before committing yourself to butchering the seat. You having experience with your Ninja shows you already know how to ride, so you probably won't feel as awkard as you feel you might
Good to know! Maybe i will be okay then!!

Old 10-22-2020, 08:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Good advice, I am 5'6" and 30 inch inseam and I was worried to death about the recon but after a few rides I was fine with the balls of both feet being firmly on the ground. at 5'8" you shouldn't have any problems with it.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:47 PM   #10

hell....I thought you were gonna tell us you finally decided who to vote for.