Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2021, 07:31 PM   #1

Raptor 200 Error code

Hey, i just received my new raptor 200 and when its Turned On , the display show me C-1850 ? It doesnt show any other info. Any idea? Faulty unit? Thanks!!

Last edited by Daveh; 02-03-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Old 02-04-2021, 09:23 AM   #2

I should say the bike starts and run fine (even if it stalls when coming to a stop) , but ive called the place where i bought it, i called tao motors, i called gvabrands and no one knows anything about these bikes, they basicly tell me to call each other lol. The place where I bought it will send me a new display but i doubt its defective, the code means something..

Old 02-06-2021, 06:47 PM   #3

Take the new display offer. No code. Then all good. Code C-1850 again, then I'd start wondering.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:07 PM   #4

Dealer

Hello... which dealer did you buy from???? where are you??? please tell us more info.. I think I doubt there is a code genererated... as they do not have this stuff..... I could be wrong with the new stuff for 2021./.. but ?? check your carb for sucking air or stuff like that... spray either around the mounting points... and see if it boggs... as I believe you when you say you adjust stuff... but that is usually a good place to start... so give more info please.. if you say where you are .... maybe some one local could help you... alot of members live close to you... if your lucky.. or steer you to get it fixed... did the dealer ( taotao ) .. not gva say anything about this???

Old 02-06-2021, 11:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
Hello... which dealer did you buy from???? where are you??? please tell us more info.. I think I doubt there is a code genererated... as they do not have this stuff..... I could be wrong with the new stuff for 2021./.. but ?? check your carb for sucking air or stuff like that... spray either around the mounting points... and see if it boggs... as I believe you when you say you adjust stuff... but that is usually a good place to start... so give more info please.. if you say where you are .... maybe some one local could help you... alot of members live close to you... if your lucky.. or steer you to get it fixed... did the dealer ( taotao ) .. not gva say anything about this???
Im in Canada, bought from pocket bike Canada . They sells bikes and quad but they are not really into the mechanics of it. They are sending me a new Display, hopefully it is just that. If like you think they cant generate code, than it must be faulty.

Bike seems to be running fine now, it just take lot of time fo warm up. Takes a good 15 min for it to stop stalling. I will try to
Look at the carb like you said thanks.

Old 02-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #6

pocket bike canada

They are part of GVA.... GVA has separate companies in CANADA and USA.. and ROSSO ELECTRIC STUFF..OK.. TRY THE NEW GUAGE

Old 02-07-2021, 01:19 PM   #7

choke

if the bike runs ok... after it warms up... then leave it alone... these Chinese motors need to be warmed up.... the EPA setting make the carbs lean out.. for the CERTIFaCATION... .. as far as the code... I think it might have been just the guage..... as they do not have a error code setup... no computor to generate code.. try disconnection the speedo connector at the end.. I know if the speedo is not set... it starts to register the miles on the guage just sitting with the key on.. ticks away..

Old 02-07-2021, 03:53 PM   #8

Quote:
if the bike runs ok... after it warms up... then leave it alone... these Chinese motors need to be warmed up.... the EPA setting make the carbs lean out.. for the CERTIFaCATION... .. as far as the code... I think it might have been just the guage..... as they do not have a error code setup... no computor to generate code.. try disconnection the speedo connector at the end.. I know if the speedo is not set... it starts to register the miles on the guage just sitting with the key on.. ticks away..
Thanks for replying to me, i really appreciate , i will be trying disconnecting the speedo.

An other problem occured, after 5 hours of light use, it started making grinding noise when shifting in foward (not always, maybe one time out of 5) then grinding noise stops when the gear fully engage . So i took the belt cover off and there was rubber powder everywhere.. the belt still kinda look good .

What could’ve cause that to happen that soon?
What should I look for? I ordered a new belt but will like to know the cause.

I parked it and not gonna let my son drive it until i figure it out, i dont want to ruin the clutch.
I was expecting to have to make some work to do by myself, but not so soon ;/

Last edited by Daveh; 02-08-2021 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Things changed

Old 02-08-2021, 12:18 PM   #9

grinding

could be alot of things to cause the grinding.... if it is idling it high,,, sometimes the gear shifter needs adjusting especially after break in.. I know on that type of setup.. GY6 motor.. the unit has to be rocked abit to get fully in the gear... straight cut gears.. trying to line up.... not serious... patient.... the rubber power could be just from breaking in,.. make sure you get the good KELVAR belt... take a pic of the belt number for future ... I would drive it.. see if you can idle it down a bit... it will let the trans shift easier... .. the new gauge coming???

Old 02-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #10

Quote:
could be alot of things to cause the grinding.... if it is idling it high,,, sometimes the gear shifter needs adjusting especially after break in.. I know on that type of setup.. GY6 motor.. the unit has to be rocked abit to get fully in the gear... straight cut gears.. trying to line up.... not serious... patient.... the rubber power could be just from breaking in,.. make sure you get the good KELVAR belt... take a pic of the belt number for future ... I would drive it.. see if you can idle it down a bit... it will let the trans shift easier... .. the new gauge coming???

Hey, I tried multiples thing today. I took off all the clutch pieces and washed them good to remove any dust, dried them and reassembled them, but it did it again.

But now I think i got it fixed, As you said I did adjust the gear shifter to be able to travel just a little bit more foward and it seems to engage very good now.. I tried at least 15 to shift from neutral to foward and it have not done it again.

As for the new gauge, it is scheduled to be delivered on friday ! Ill keep you updated on this !

Old 02-09-2021, 03:28 PM   #11

New Gauge

New Gauge is working !

Looks like so far all my issue got resolved.. Thanks for taking time to aswer me flashlightboy, do you have a website ? I see in your description that you are a dealer. Just wondering if I want to order parts.

Old 02-09-2021, 05:03 PM   #12

parts

your probadly best to get anything from EBAY... or AMAZON... or GVABRANDS.COM... I think they may be cheaper than pocketbikes.... but if you need stuff... let me know.... you should order from ebay or..some where... a CDI.. for spare .. and you can buy any things like chains. from your local atv dealer for parts... a good chain is about $30.00 from them.. no farm chain.. as it is wrong... use the right oil.. keep your axle spread equal.. and 1/2 inch chain deflection.. USE ONLY PREMUIN fuel and things will be good