Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2022, 08:55 PM   #1

Hey Folks, it's been awhile.

I have been out of pocket quite awhile but wanted to swing by and see what's new, I was glad to see a lot of familiar names.
I hope all the CR members have escaped the wrath of the storms, fires and other catastrophes we as a nation have been plagued with for far to long now.
I sold my Recon quite awhile ago, not because of the crash but more because I wanted to do some weekend off road trips and didn't have anyone to go with me and was a little afraid of getting stranded alone. I really don't know why, I have hiked and camped alone for years without worry.
My back still hurts everyday and always will but it doesn't keep me from getting around and working. I retired June first last year and it seems as if work is all I do sometimes.
I probably mentioned before that I grew up horse back from the age of 4 and had horses until just before I turned 40, I wanted one more horse before I cash it in and I wanted either a mustang or a young horse I could bring up the way I wanted, the main goal was to have a horse that never has or needs a bit or mechanical hackamore. Well, I made the mistake of taking my wife with me to pick up my horse, a 3 year old and ended up leaving with a 2 year old as well so I have been working on 2 of them to my chagrin. I have been doing ground work on the 3 year old since last September and have been riding her for a couple of months now, she is pretty flighty but all the extra time I put into ground work has payed off so far, if she humps up to buck as soon as she feels pressure on the reign her mind is back on me. I am afraid the first time a deer jumps up in front of her she may run out from under me but we pays our dime and takes our chances I suppose.
Well I have got long winded about something that ain't motor sickles so I will leave it lie but I hope some of you guys will pop in to say howdy.
All the best to all of you and your families,
Creek.