Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2015, 06:54 AM   #1

Doh! ATA 250E Chain tensioner, NEED BETTER

I have two ATA 250 E and need a upgrade on chain tensioner, the stock one is sort of wimpy and crappy, any Ideas?
When the tech set it up I can see the axel is not square so that does not help, that is the first thing I will take care of, the other stuff like the adjustment og riding position of the clutch and other I need to do also, and a bathe for all rubber in armor all.. for a better UV stable rubber, hoping it doesn't rot out like the others, while its new before I put dirt all over them..

Also what's the deal with the E stop switch on the handle bars, you can flick it off then it returns to center, but its not on until you unflick it?
I need to see if the manual covers that,,, HUM,,,

Old 08-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #2

The kill switch is actually a street bike signal light switch. Therefore, you can slide it either direction to kill the bike, but you must then press it once to deactivate the kill switch. That one has fooled many of us.

Got pics of the tensioner?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer