Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2020, 11:59 PM   #1

Bashan motomax, Apollo db36, or csc TT250 super Moto?

Thinking of getting a Chinese bike for commuting around a Texas city with the occasional option of going off-road for dirt roads and back roads.. I’m a fairly new rider looking for a more reliable and comfortable of the three listed. I’ve done some research but haven’t seen much talk about how these ones compare to one another. Bashan and the Apollo are appealing but there seems to be more parts and information for the csctt250? I’m undecided between the three and I need some convincing.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:25 AM   #2

I would go with the Apollo for the off-road part of why you want a bike. If strictly street, the other two would be perfect bike choices, and would make the decision far, far more difficult. Motocheez on youtube has the Apollo and showed that while it is not a great dirt bike, but based on what he was trying to ride it in he did show it was an ok dirt bike; my guess is the other two would not have made it in the light off-road stuff he was riding the Apollo in. For what you mentioned, however, the Apollo would be fine and again, better than the other two.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-07-2020, 12:55 AM   #3

Yes I’ve seen his videos on the Apollo it seems to be the nicer looking one to me as well with a little bit lower seat height. I’ve been leaning more towards that one. Is there any upgrades I can get for it as far as seats? It does seem quite uncomfortable.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:10 AM   #4

I wouldn’t spend all that money to convert the TT to motard
All of these bikes lack some off road ability n best to buy something that’s suited to what you do most of, n suffer the minor off road lackings when you do as you won’t even know as you have nothing else to compare too.
Seeing no experience you’ll be happy or unhappy enough with what ever you choose.

Old 01-07-2020, 02:47 AM   #5

Also, it depends on what city in Texas. If it's a big one, like DFW or Houston, these bikes simply aren't big enough for the highways, so you'll have to stick to the regular roads.