Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #1

Hello from Finland!

Hey guys what`s up?! New member writing from the country of ice and snow (sorry no polar bears here...) Long time tinkerer, first time ATV:er and even now half by accident. Lemme explain... (TLDR at the end)

Been into motorcycles for years, built a few streetfighters, one of which (2002 Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA) was actually showcased in a magazine, been in a couple major shows and won a second prize in SF class once. Ran out of ideas and swapped it with my friend for a 2004 Benelli Tornado 900. exploded that to bits during what was supposed to be a light service, rode it for a while but the position was too brutal for my wrists.

Then one day my Latvian friend convinced me to take part on a fighter festival in Estonia called SMASH which is pretty much uncontrolled mayhem from friday afternoon to sunday morning, following vid filmed by me, I`m the poor sap trying to do a burnout on the now ex Tornado at 1:55

Anyway I had an idea there of a reverse hoontrike build that could do non-stop burnouts all weekend cause of a single sided rear swingarm off of an RC36 VFR, even bought one in advance before spotting the quad-to-be sitting uncovered in one fellow`s yard along my work route, got a hold of the guy, convinced him to sell the quad to me and went to get it.

The guy told me it`s a Fude Hornet F200 but I was like umm I`m pretty sure I recognize a Bashan when I see one, the fairings did have clear shadows of old stickers that said otherwise though. When I walk around to the back I saw it for the first time. Umm you never mentioned this thing has road plates?! Well that changes things...

Turns out the reason it`s stood uncovered for a couple years is during it`s last run it caught fire burning the previous owner and destroying various equipment including the electric harness, carburettor and parts of the fairings. It did come with a brand new Keihin carb with an accel pump though which didn`t fit because it clashed with the exhaust so that had to be routed under the engine etc...

So TLDR what became as something I was planning to fix just enough to last me one weekend has now totally exploded into a full-on streetfighter-quad build that will most likely cost me more than a brand spankin new Bash off the showroom floor but hey, who wants to ride bone stock anything right?

Here`s a little teaser of what the finished product will more or less look like.

Oh and got the confirmation on what the thing is when I went to register it to my name, sure enough it is a 2003 Bashan BS200-S7. With 4200km on the clock so not a whole helluva lot IMO.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:49 AM   #2

Welcome! I'm gonna enjoy watching this build.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-05-2020, 01:47 AM   #3

Welcome to here! Was your Benelli Chinese made? Your new build sounds interesting...I look forward to the progress.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-05-2020, 02:37 AM   #4

Benelli was still Italian at that point, I think the ownership changed hands around 2008-9. That's a sweet looking ATV, by the way!

Old 01-05-2020, 06:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Welcome to here! Was your Benelli Chinese made? Your new build sounds interesting...I look forward to the progress.
Still Pesaro made, number #467 IIRC. It was manufactured at 2002 but received it's first plates at 2004 so it was treated as such. Interesting bike to ride, in low speeds it's cumbersome and uncomfortable, rattles clanks etc but get it up to 115kph and it completely transforms to a different machine altogether. Not sure about the numbers with the Chinese 903 or the 1130 but I checked those of the original 900 and there are three Tornados in the whole country.

Talking about rarity not a whole lot of Bashans here either, at least not left. Managed to source some parts locally like the wiring harness and a new headlight (which btw broke the bulb holder as I turned it close) but most other parts are coming in from UK, Netherlands, Germany and China as I'm writing this.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:04 AM   #6

Watching.
Have a buddy that just moved from Lahti to Sonkajärvi.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-05-2020, 09:29 AM   #7

Hey, welcome! Finland has been on my mind lately (not to mention, I grew up in Alaska and my neighbors and best friend were Finnish) because my 2002 Boxster was made in Finland at an old Saab plant that now makes one of the Mercedes models. Plus, former Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen and Nightwish themselves, all Finnish... And I'm 4% Finnish myself, since my mom is Laplander Swedish...

ok, enough about me. Want to see the cool 4 wheeler build!
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

“Throttle twisting geek” -LFN

Old 01-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Watching.
Have a buddy that just moved from Lahti to Sonkajärvi.
Heh I live in Vääksy 20km north of Lahti, know the city like the back of my hand. Nightwish is pretty good too though I prefer Floor Jansen over Tarja.

Currently trying to clean the garage as parts should start showing in a week or three.