Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2020, 08:47 PM   #1

Nibbi PE30 PARTS?

I have the Nibbi PE30 carb installed on my bike, and it seems to run really well.
The problem is that it comes with a plastic what I would call "jet cover". It is a plastic cover that goes over the jets and sits down in the bowl. Magadan in one of his youtube videos call it a "hood". I'm not sure what the technical name for it would be.
Long story short, one of the times I re-jetted I didn't reinstall it, today, I realized I never put it back on.
So, the questions I have are:
Does anyone know where I can source the replacement part without getting a whole new carb?
Does that piece serve much of a function?
The only problem I feel I have with the carb is if I give it just the slightest amount of throttle from idle, like a little tiny bit, it wants to stall out. If I give it more than just the slightest twist it does fine.
I'm wondering if that part serves as a mix component.

Old 08-12-2020, 11:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
I have the Nibbi PE30 carb installed on my bike, and it seems to run really well.
The problem is that it comes with a plastic what I would call "jet cover". It is a plastic cover that goes over the jets and sits down in the bowl. Magadan in one of his youtube videos call it a "hood". I'm not sure what the technical name for it would be.
Long story short, one of the times I re-jetted I didn't reinstall it, today, I realized I never put it back on.
So, the questions I have are:
Does anyone know where I can source the replacement part without getting a whole new carb?
Does that piece serve much of a function?
The only problem I feel I have with the carb is if I give it just the slightest amount of throttle from idle, like a little tiny bit, it wants to stall out. If I give it more than just the slightest twist it does fine.
I'm wondering if that part serves as a mix component.
For what it's worth, the main function of that part is to try and keep fuel around the jet during extreme angular movement or higher G forces. It is the one big let down of the Nibbi carbs. That said, I also rode around for several weeks without it installed and never had a problem.

FWIW, you sound like you need to do a bit more fine tuning on the pilot jet/idle mixture. Even without that plastic part/hood thing I never had a single jetting issue.

Also, as a somewhat fix to try and keep it in place better after re-installing it, I made a few dimples around the edge of the metal where it sits, and then used an awl to mar up the inner surface so tighten the tolerance. No longer falls down.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 08-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
For what it's worth, the main function of that part is to try and keep fuel around the jet during extreme angular movement or higher G forces. It is the one big let down of the Nibbi carbs. That said, I also rode around for several weeks without it installed and never had a problem.
A big let down? The original PE30 (At least the one used on the KX 80) has a jet cover, something that most of the chinese cloners skip when cloning the carb.
I was happy to see that cover when i got my nibbi.
You can use the carb without it. in fact i think that most owners of the kx 80 just lose that part when jetting...

Old 08-13-2020, 01:39 PM   #4

Well, I won't worry about trying to order a new cover.
I'll have to revisit my pilot yet again.
My jetting as of now is 40 pilot, 2 1/2 turns out on the screw, needle second slot up from taper, and 125 main. Sound about right for 80's ambient and at 850' above sea level?
Bike has full exhaust, pod filter, and the nibbi, egr deleted.
I almost think the pod allows a bunch of air before the carb has time to mix. It is an odd problem.
Like I said, it only happens on the smallest of throttle inputs. Like putting just a little twist pressure. Wants to stall out. If I go a little harder on the twist everything is fine. Bike idles well.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
A big let down? The original PE30 (At least the one used on the KX 80) has a jet cover, something that most of the chinese cloners skip when cloning the carb.
I was happy to see that cover when i got my nibbi.
You can use the carb without it. in fact i think that most owners of the kx 80 just lose that part when jetting...
THe part being there wasn't the let down. It was how poorly it fit. Even from new mine never stayed on right.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 08-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
THe part being there wasn't the let down. It was how poorly it fit. Even from new mine never stayed on right.
Well that's just a China thing.. On my Nibbi that part had a perfect but the polished parts were much better on your Nibbi.

Old 09-05-2020, 07:24 PM   #7

why is there a brass tube that fits above the main jet block? I was taking my main out to switch it to a 125 and found it in the bottom of the fuel bowl after I removed the main jet holder.

I wondered WTF it was at 1st and was unsure which way around it went. I put it with the smaller dia hole next to the main jet holder.
I looked online, but couldn't find an exploded view of a PE30 anywhere
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 09-05-2020, 08:14 PM   #8

I think that might be the "pickup" for the fuel enrichment circuit, someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:42 AM   #9

Exploded view of PE carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
why is there a brass tube that fits above the main jet block? I was taking my main out to switch it to a 125 and found it in the bottom of the fuel bowl after I removed the main jet holder.

I wondered WTF it was at 1st and was unsure which way around it went. I put it with the smaller dia hole next to the main jet holder.
I looked online, but couldn't find an exploded view of a PE30 anywhere
Here is an exploded view. While this is for the Keihin PE...it is what the NIBBI is based on. The NIBBI doesn't have the main jet access on the bottom of the carb bowl, and uses the plunger type choke mechanism (item 13). I think that item 22, baffle plate, serves the same function as the plastic cup on the NIBBI, but it could be something completely different as the install order seems wrong. Megadan may be able to verify or negate this.

They don't list a PE30, as they don't sell it.

https://www.jetsrus.com/carburetor/c...iew_parts.html

I did find that the Main Jet for my NIBBI PE28 is not the Hex type as Jetsrus lists on this page, but rather the smaller jet that has a standard screw driver slot, or "round type". Not sure what the NIBBI PE30 uses. But, I found that the round one is the same as item 26A on the list for the PWK28.

https://www.jetsrus.com/carburetor/c...iew_parts.html

Orion RXB 150XL