Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2021, 01:33 PM   #1

/deleted thread

/deleted thread

Last edited by Road Gaper; 11-22-2021 at 08:55 PM. Reason: /deleted thread

Old 11-16-2021, 01:40 PM   #2

Spark, air, fuel. Those 3 in any order, it will start. But you gotta have all 3……. Process of elimination on all 3 and you’ll find your gremlin

Old 11-16-2021, 01:59 PM   #3

Battery charged? Doesn't sound like it has much juice.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Battery charged? Doesn't sound like it has much juice.
Yep, I would agree, battery needs charging then try again......or kick start

Old 11-16-2021, 08:59 PM   #5

Jesus….. battery seems down, guess it won’t start??!?? Hey, OP….. Check out that shiny lever type thing on the right side of the engine. If you kick that at a strong southward direction (as in towards Hell), as long as your ignition is on, and you have gas in it, pretty good chance it’s gonna make noise. Try that……

I seriously cannot believe I’m explaining this to anyone over the age of 6. Yeah, I can come across harsh, but damn…..

Old 11-16-2021, 09:17 PM   #6

Related question. How are these new lithium batteries when it comes to being drawn all the way down? They survive a lot better right?

Since it is cold as hell up here in the north, I haven’t been riding much at all. My battery has drained out twice now. Wondering if it’s damaged. A normal lead battery might be. But these lithium ones apparently can go to zero without too much trouble?

Old 11-16-2021, 09:18 PM   #7

We have 4 replies and for the first time in history I agree with all of them.

First charge the battery, then air, spark fuel.

Knowing the TBR7 kick starting it is an acrobatic challenge. It requires that you have legs 7 feet long and be able to place the right knee behind your head. Then at full stomp the kick lever bounces back up and smacks your thigh.

Just charge the battery, then go through the drill.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
Related question. How are these new lithium batteries when it comes to being drawn all the way down? They survive a lot better right?

Since it is cold as hell up here in the north, I haven’t been riding much at all. My battery has drained out twice now. Wondering if it’s damaged. A normal lead battery might be. But these lithium ones apparently can go to zero without too much trouble?
You have to warm them up when cold. Turn the lights on a few minutes before starting.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
We have 4 replies and for the first time in history I agree with all of them.

First charge the battery, then air, spark fuel.

Knowing the TBR7 kick starting it is an acrobatic challenge. It requires that you have legs 7 feet long and be able to place the right knee behind your head. Then at full stomp the kick lever bounces back up and smacks your thigh.

Just charge the battery, then go through the drill.
Thank you Good man. Thank you for agreeing with me on this one. I’m certain it is a chore to kick this oddly shaped starter on this rascal, but it certainly isn’t near a chore as kick starting an 80’s era 500cc 2 stroke. Those certainly require one to kick like a grown man that means it, and this poor bastard doesn’t seem to get what any of this means……

Let the vid in this thread be a lesson to all older folks who love our little ones. Too much Phone, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, iPad , etc…., does have an effect on our youth further down the road….. I’m just waiting on a thread one day asking why their brake cable thingy broke, and why it had oily stuff running out of it?? Yes….I’m serious. Kinda like their rear fork suspender is too bouncy…….
And this seems to be the generation that one day will care for all of us born after 1968………

Old 11-17-2021, 06:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
I have a Storm 200 and dont have any problem kick starting it. I just leave the side stand down stand on the foot pegs and roll the engine over until I hit compression let the lever back up and give it a swift kick. Fires right up. I only have 32" legs and wiegh 150 pounds.
Same numbers and results on my Lifan. I’ve had to do this twice now because I let the battery go flat.