Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2017, 01:25 PM   #1

50cc Gio flywheel puller

My sons ATV died very abruptly while coming to a stop. Starter is turning the chain fine, appears something let go in the clutch. I can't for the life of me figure out which tool to buy to remove the clutch/flywheel. Most tools I see online have the threads on the outside of the tool. To me, the tool I need looks like a socket with threads on the inside of the socket. It's about 10 years old. Came from Giovanni. That is all I know about it. Been a great ATV other then that. Can anyone make a recommendation on which tool to order?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATV.jpg (94.9 KB, 417 views)
File Type: jpg Clutch.jpg (98.2 KB, 301 views)

Old 06-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #2

2-in-1 like this

is handy for typical chonda BUT...
Anyway i'm sure search 拉码 in http://shop35604947.taobao.com/ will give u the idea what should the correct puller looked like via result page's pic

Old 06-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #3

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:19 PM   #4

flywheel

usually if the flywheel turns and does not turn the crank... the little rollers are stuck... try some penetrating oil on them... if you can not take it off with the special tool..

Old 06-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #5

clutch

here is a pic to show the rollers that move outward when turning the flywheel
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #6

Well. After waiting 8 weeks for the above tool, it's not the right one. I see why these are a pain in the ass. To me, the tool is kinda like the one posted, but female threads and a center bolt to pull the flywheel off. Any other ideas on how to get it off?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171018_194551.jpg (95.4 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg 20171018_194556.jpg (88.6 KB, 230 views)

Old 10-19-2017, 08:25 AM   #7

can you get an accurate measurement of the OD where the threads are on the flywheel?
The tool you purchased is too small to fit on the flywheel threads?

Old 10-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #8

I agree with your initial post, Jeff; you need a puller that has internal threads, not external. You'll eventually find it on Taobao with enough searching. The store that HB linked to at the bottom of his post is a good start; I found this there: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...&id=1629885013
It's listed as 40mm x 1.5. I don't know if that matches your dimensions, nor do I know if it is right or left hand thread. It looks like your atv has left hand threads, but I can't be sure. Once you take a measurement, I recommend that you buy a few pullers on Taobao, since they're so cheap.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #9

My mistake. The link I just shared references a few different sizes, not just one.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-19-2017, 12:21 PM   #10

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it! I'll get out my micrometer tonight and measure it up first, then browse that site. And yes, this time I'll buy a few sizes.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #11

I have a MotionPro 28mm x 1.0 with RH threads that I used on a quad engine very similar to yours, FWIW...

Old 10-21-2017, 04:36 PM   #12

puller

Have you tried the local shop... ask if he can pull it off for you..... OFFER TO PAY.... just to have him pull it off... then you will not have to wait for the tool.. yes the right tool will work.. as Weldand grind said ....you need the external puller.

Old 10-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #13

kijiji

hello... check your kijiji for your area... lots of people to repair small motors.. search the are that you live in.. just ask them like I said,.. could they just pull off the flywheel for you... the rollers are probadly flat... or stuck... either way .. I guess replace them or change the flywheel... I see one guy want them for parts.. so I would guess he has spare flywheel for you.. and has a puller for them as well.. this is a only use tool once for the average person.. if you repair t hem then it is handy to have..

Old 04-11-2018, 08:54 AM   #14

Well, it was a long time in the works, but I finally got it fixed over the winter. I stared at it long enough, and went and bought a regular 3 jaw puller. Popped it right off in 2 seconds. What I found inside the clutch was the springs/buttons were caked in mud and not moving. Cleaned and lubed them up, working better then new now!