Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2017, 11:08 PM   #1

Factory add-ons

So. I'm dangerously close to pulling the trigger on my Brozz. (Currently 1 email away from my finalized quote from Alan over at Excalibur)

But; after a month of not stopping by, I decided to check in on the CB news, and after reading the current buzz on the somewhat easily attainable "Enforcer", NOW my head is spinning.

You see, there's a $500 difference between the two bikes shipped to my door, and being a divorced Dad of two spoiled rotten daughters, every penny counts. Even with the Brozz, I'll have to buy a new chain and I intended on replacing the exhaust right off the bat. The trouble is, is the price difference enough to justify buying the Enforcer then adding on a factory rear rack, and upgrading to the Hawk digital cluster? The factory rear rack and digital cluster were a big selling point to me, and I just want to make my money work the most for me.

The "upgraded" forks and Counterbalance engine SEEM to be a mute point on these forums, so now I'm down to whether or not those upgraded parts are worth the $500?

Has anyone here bought the factory rear rack AFTER buying their bike? How much was it, and how much of a pain is it to track down?

Thanks in advance,
-Eric

PS: HUGE thanks to culcone for pointing me in the right direction.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWeld View Post
So. I'm dangerously close to pulling the trigger on my Brozz. (Currently 1 email away from my finalized quote from Alan over at Excalibur)

But; after a month of not stopping by, I decided to check in on the CB news, and after reading the current buzz on the somewhat easily attainable "Enforcer", NOW my head is spinning.

You see, there's a $500 difference between the two bikes shipped to my door, and being a divorced Dad of two spoiled rotten daughters, every penny counts. Even with the Brozz, I'll have to buy a new chain and I intended on replacing the exhaust right off the bat. The trouble is, is the price difference enough to justify buying the Enforcer then adding on a factory rear rack, and upgrading to the Hawk digital cluster? The factory rear rack and digital cluster were a big selling point to me, and I just want to make my money work the most for me.

The "upgraded" forks and Counterbalance engine SEEM to be a mute point on these forums, so now I'm down to whether or not those upgraded parts are worth the $500?

Has anyone here bought the factory rear rack AFTER buying their bike? How much was it, and how much of a pain is it to track down?

Thanks in advance,
-Eric

PS: HUGE thanks to culcone for pointing me in the right direction.

Would love to find a factory rear rack. I have been looking into building them as i cannot find a source......

Old 03-12-2017, 11:42 PM   #3

The Brozz does seem like a nice bike, and is more set up for the road I think. I just ordered an Enforcer for mostly light trail riding, but if i was going to road ride more I think I'd go with the Brozz.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
The Brozz does seem like a nice bike, and is more set up for the road I think. I just ordered an Enforcer for mostly light trail riding, but if i was going to road ride more I think I'd go with the Brozz.
X2. Both are nice bikes. The Brozz does have the counterbalanced motor, USD forks and the smaller rims with more street type tires than the Enforcer. Like the Storm used to be. The Enforcer is dang temping though..... Both are very attractive bikes.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
X2. Both are nice bikes. The Brozz does have the counterbalanced motor, USD forks and the smaller rims with more street type tires than the Enforcer. Like the Storm used to be. The Enforcer is dang temping though..... Both are very attractive bikes.
It is funny how each of these bikes seem to have some good points, but then some trade offs. It all comes down to how much your budget is and what type of riding you intend to do (like others have said). I chose the Enforcer because I got it on sale...I simply could not say no at the price I paid. I wanted to spend as little as possible; lighter hit in the wallet for me, and more justifiable to the wife

I was very close to choosing the Brozz too, but at the time it was between the Brozz and the Hawk. I didn't like the registration woes that some people experienced with the Hawk. I too like the USD forks (more for the look, not for the function).

I don't see myself strapping anything to the rear of the bike for the riding I intend to do, so the rear rack was a moot point for me.

What I didn't like about the Brozz were the smaller tires and the rear drum brakes. Others on here have countered the rear drum brake issue, but it was a point I could not get over.

I also didn't like the look of the smaller tires. And, I looked online​ and saw more tire options in the 21/19 tire sizes. The 19" front and 17" rear look too small to me. The 21/19" is more aesthetically appealing to me (more dirt bike'ish, which I wanted).

I was in a similar place as you were. I kept going back and forth between the two bikes I had narrowed it down to. It's not a fun place to be. When I heard the enforcer was going to go off sale (which it did) I finally pulled the trigger on it.

Bottom line, first get bike that more in your budget...$500 is $500 more in your wallet. Either way, I think you will be happy, regardless of which you go with.

Last edited by Ski_rush; 03-13-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
I wanted to spend as little as possible; lighter hit in the wallet for me, and more justifiable to the wife
The other concern with spending as little as possible is that if this is your very first China Bike, there's also some apprehension involved because you REALLY don't know what you're going to receive.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 03-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #7

Quote:
The other concern with spending as little as possible is that if this is your very first China Bike, there's also some apprehension involved because you REALLY don't know what you're going to receive.
Hit the nail on the head.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:32 AM   #8

Ski_Rush pretty much summed up what I would say about it. I didn't want the smaller wheels or the drum brake, didn't care about the rack, and not particularly mind the no CB engine. The Enforcer was a great price at $1250 for me, that money saved is money I can and have used to invest in good riding gear. The Enforcer is bigger than I was really expecting it to be, it's a great bike so far, but I've only put around 15 miles on it.

But which ever bike you chose I'm sure you won't have any regrets.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrotechnics View Post
Ski_Rush pretty much summed up what I would say about it. I didn't want the smaller wheels or the drum brake, didn't care about the rack, and not particularly mind the no CB engine. The Enforcer was a great price at $1250 for me, that money saved is money I can and have used to invest in good riding gear. The Enforcer is bigger than I was really expecting it to be, it's a great bike so far, but I've only put around 15 miles on it.

But which ever bike you chose I'm sure you won't have any regrets.
And you saved big farkleing money !
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrotechnics View Post
....didn't care about the rack.....
I gotta tell ya, that's one thing I really miss on the TT250 (like the Hawk, etc....) is a good, sturdy rack. My X-Moto had an awesome rack with a nice backstop and two pegs that stuck down underneath on the back corners (like the Blaze, I think).

I wouldn't use it often but when I did, I could bungee anything to it. I'm not partial to the CSC TT250 rack for it, I prefer a tubing-type rack because there's so many strapping options. Hell, I've strapped a 36 pack of beer to my X-Moto, no problem!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:50 PM   #11

Quote:
My X-Moto had an awesome rack with a nice backstop
Moderators, please block this misogynistic neanderthal.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Moderators, please block this misogynistic neanderthal.
How'd you know I had a massage license!?

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 03-15-2017, 03:15 PM   #13

Quote:
How'd you know I had a massage license!?
You're in Cali, doesn't everyone?

Old 03-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #14

I am biased since I know Alan, but if it is a matter of money, I would suggest the Enforcer. A rack will not come cheaply or easily is my guess, however, unless you can track down cheap mid-2000's Chinese bikes that one could find in various states of assembly on Craigslist to pirate the rack off of.

The Brozz will come as a complete package, pretty much ready to run, and with some nice details such as the counter-balanced engine with the great carb, and the street gearing, as well as more streetable tires, and THE RACK. It will come stock as a great commuter. The Enforcer will have the same gearing, and carb, and from what we can tell so far, NOT the same engine that made the Storm 250 so darn good that is used in the Brozz, but their are arguments either way for that. It will have aggressive knobby tires, which if they are similar to the Hawk, people have adapted to.

You were considering the Hawk months ago, and the Enforcer is everything you were going to get in the Hawk, but more ready for the street (like I said, the carb and the sprockets are better suited for commuting). The rack does not come on either bike. Again, I am not sure if they are 'universal' or more custom fit for specific models of bikes. The problem is, the distributors of these bikes tend to only carry the bikes and either get some spares, or cannibalize a few of the bikes for spares. They don't seem to bother carrying actual accessories. However, CSC carries racks for their own TT250, so perhaps this can be adapted to an Enforcer (the three bikes, including the Hawk, seem close in design)?

https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/BLACK...p/csc-6000.htm

Call Alan and see what he can do for you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #15

I should have mentioned to call Alan and see what he can do on the Shark 250--should be $100 less than the Brozz and is closer to being an upgraded Enforcer.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard