Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2017, 11:52 PM   #1

Help to decide !

Hi guys, i register to the forum because i will purchase a new bike for off roading. So far i have 2 bikes in mind the apollo agb 36 250 and the hawk 250.. so far looks like the apollo is faster claim 71ish mph but the hawk looks nicer and have lights, i dont care about being street legal i already have a zuma 125 2016 for the street but I live an a rural area with lots of hills and trails and my yamaha ttr 125 need new motor new wheels and new everything (not my fault i buy it cheap to usit till die) and it die, i will not jump just trail riding and some moderate hill climbing, the hawk looks more like enduro it is a big pro to have lights because sometimes night came and i still off roading so its good to return home but not a most have i prefer better handling over lights, i am bit afraid of enduro chinese bikes because 10 years ago i putchase the pantera 125 from pepboys and the first bump i went into the front mask flew away with the headlight and need to reweld the mounts, 4 month later the pantera blew the engine. I am 5'10" 220p so im heavy but i dont want a bigfoot bike my ttr 125 have a good size, so how the apollo 250 can be compared to a ttr 125 in a matter of size? Is there any other bike i should look for ?

Thanks guys and sorry for my bad english.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:57 PM   #2

The Hawk is a tall bike as well as its close cousins. About 31 inch seat height. If I was only going to be offroading the Apollo would be my pick. Its not hard to put a head light on a dirt bike.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:12 AM   #3

Apollo is more of an MX bike and the hawk is an enduro. It really depends on your use. I have a hawk and it is pretty tough but I would not think it could take the pounding a dedicated MX can. I will have to have someone else chime in on the apollo as I do not own one.

I have gone on some pretty rough stuff on the Hawk and it takes it like a champ, however I'm not jumping 30 footers or skipping over whoops. Truth is I wouldn't trust any of these Chinese bikes to do the Baja 1000 at speed. For that you need the engineering of a Japanese bike or a KTM/Husky.

For light to moderate riding these bikes are fine, when you start pushing them hard time to think about a more expensive machine. I'm in my late forties so I get altitude sickness at leaving the ground above 5 feet. So I'm pretty mellow on mine. Although, Fast Doc correct me if I'm wrong I hear the little blue helps with that too.

Be honest with your use and skills and you will land on the right machine.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #4

Between those two I would stick with the Hawk. With that bike you have a known entity and lots of help here and other places as far as tuning etc. I know Apollos have been around a while, but I think you will have a hard time finding the same kind of support and parts availability that you will with the Hawk.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:53 AM   #5

I made my decition !! And ordered a new apollo 250 from motobuys.com.. my decition was made judging on some of the specs,

Im not going to use it for the road is going to be trails dirt and grass so I prefer the less plastics desing on the apollo,the apollo is biger (by specs) larger wheelbase, higher and adjustable suspension, less electronics like gauges turnsignals, horn etc to worried about when geting dirty, also i like the frame design and the swing arm design looks more modern than the hawk square tubes, the apollo have a bit more horsepower and torque and is lighter so those are the facts for my decition, i got it for $1,498 shipped

Wish me luck !! Thanks for the opinion guys

Old 01-18-2017, 06:46 AM   #6

Congrats! I am sure the bike will be great. Watch videos on youtube on assembly and all that other good stuff. I was going to suggest the Apollo because with the Hawk you get all that street equipment you either have to remove, or have it falling off.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard