Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #1

Atomik Blitz 250cc 2008 leaking forks!

Hey all, This is my first post and would like to ask some advice on my 1 week old Atomik Blitz 250. I took it out yesterday for its first off-road ride on my brother's farm and noticed after an hour of riding, that oil was leaking from the left fork and spraying all over my disc and caliper! WTF!? My mate was with me on his Pit Pro 250 (same as blitz, some minor differences) and had the same problem a few weeks back and again yesterday after rebuilding the forks. He noticed there's no inner fork seal at all! only the dust seal visable from the bottom of the outer fork chamber.

Has anyone had this problem, if so, how do we resolve it? Also, does anyone know if there are any brand name forks out the that'll simply bolt straight onto these bikes? Below is a link to my bike.

http://www.atomik.com.au/dirt-bike/blitz250m.html

Old 12-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #2

Not going to be much help, but you may want to take the seal to a bearing shop and see if they can match it up. The seal from a bearing shop may be of better quality. Not sure if those forks are a copy of something mainstream.

The bike looks really nice.