Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #1

Tmec 200 or Brozz 250

Hey guys, Im pulling the trigger on either the TMEC 200 with the 17front and 17 rear or the brozz 250.

I only ride street, hence the reason I want the tmec and its wheels/tires, but is the added power of the brozz worth it with the dual sport tires?

I come from a sportbike background and use every mm of my tires in turns. but I also want every ounce of pull i can get from a cheap chinese bike.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvl8rida View Post
Hey guys, Im pulling the trigger on either the TMEC 200 with the 17front and 17 rear or the brozz 250.

I only ride street, hence the reason I want the tmec and its wheels/tires, but is the added power of the brozz worth it with the dual sport tires?

I come from a sportbike background and use every mm of my tires in turns. but I also want every ounce of pull i can get from a cheap chinese bike.

Thanks in advance.
I seem to remember the TMEC has a over head cam. That would help the power band a lot. When it comes to street riding I think the TMEC would have a edge over the Hawk. Welcome to the forum.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #3

I've had both the 200cc CG and the 229cc (250) CG motors....and if you have them tuned properly, I've noticed virtually no difference between them.
Either bike would do well for you. I didn't even know the TMEC was still available! If you can't locate either, try a Bashan Storm. Same basic setup with the smaller rims and street type tires. It also comes with the counter balanced motor.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-17-2017, 09:09 PM   #4

The TMEC bikes are distributed by these guys:

http://www.sunright.net/ They have them listed under their scooters for some odd reason http://www.sunright.net/linhai-scooters/denali-200xt

Are you looking at used for both bikes?

Either way, I loved my TMEC (someone has it, was supposed to pay me for it, but hasn't for like 6 or 7 months now!), but the achilles heel in my opinion is you can only buy a certain model of rear sprocket, and you have to order it from England unless you are purchasing used and the owner has already installed the rear sprocket. Plus they only go to a 48 tooth (stock is 56). Here is where I ordered if from: http://www.urbanbike.co.uk/jt-rear-s...48-57447-p.asp Stock front on the TMEC is a streetable 17, so you don't have to worry about changing that out. In my opinion, the Brozz has a near perfect street setup from stock; 17 front, 46 rear, so you probably won't need to play around with the Brozz.

My friend Alan Tang of Excalibur Motorsports used to be the exclusive distributor of the TMEC enduro until TMEC and Sunright pulled a fast one. Either way, he does still have parts for TMEC, including plastics.

More recently, I made him aware that one of their vendors, Kandi USA is the distributor for the Bashan Brozz and Shark, and he ended up selling a few of those bikes, too. In his opinion, he feels the Bashan bikes have seemingly more quality to them. But, if you were counting on buying new, unless you have a local dealer selling the Brozz, Kandi is out of stock.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #5

Thanks for the help, guys.

I ordered the TMEC today (mostly because I couldnt find a BROZZ in stock).

I am excited to start working on it to make it my own.
I have read several theads on what to do after receipt of the bike (loctite, cable grease, breakin, ect.)

I'm sure I'll have questions moving forward.

It's sad to hear that I can only get a 48 tooth, and that it has to come from the uk. I wonder what cruise speeds I can achieve with the 48.

It looks like most people suggest waiting till there are a couple hundred miles on the bike to upgrade to a mikuni and a new exhaust. I think I can put 500 miles on it in a week or two, so I was planning to order all the upgrades I need now so they are all here and ready for when I need them.
I'm sure if I did some digging, I could figure it out, but does anyone know offhand if there is an exhaust model that will be a direct fit?

Also, the correct valve clearances for after I've broken it in?

This is such an awesome micro community, which is weird because it is very similar to the one I am a part of for skiing.
I appreciate all of the posts that have been made in the past to make my buying experience so smooth!

I'm looking forward to contributing my own pictures and videos!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #6

I had two TMEC 200s; one I bought used and the other new. I found myself having to fiddle with the carb adjustment screw on my used '09 bike (bought it in '12) while idling and whatnot because the prior owner had messed with it. However, the newer bike, the '13, I never touched the carb for over 10k miles. With the 48 rear, I was cruising at 60+ on my daily commutes. I know that TMEC EPA/DOT certifies their 200 annually (I am guessing it has something to do with starting over from scratch being the worse option) meaning I am not sure if they had to put on a more restrictive carb since my '14 model. You might want to wait on the carb. I never touched the exhaust, either. Heck, I still own it, but have to track down the swindling white-trash 'fiance' of my wife's friend to have him either pay me for it or give it back. He did get it rolling again, as I had given up on it after buying my TGB scooter, so maybe I will attempt to ride it once again. He took it about 6 months ago (he was supposed to pay me) to use it to ride to work and back, and prior to him taking it, it had sat for about 6 months--he got it to start, and from what I understand, it still runs; he bought a used Ford Ranger in the meantime so he is not desperate for transportation.

Alan Tang still has one, brand new in a box at Excalibur Motorsports, but it has no wheels (he sold them--knobbies--to a customer who wanted off-road wheels/tires); you are tempting me to buy it!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #7

I should! The only thing is, when the bike had about 3k miles, a woman ran me into a curb and damaged the bike and me. I figured the insurance settlement and whatnot would allow me to get a new bike, so I just continued riding the (possibly unsafe) bike once I bent things back into place. Later, there was some frame damage and whatnot, and I never bothered with it, but did continue to commute on it. By the time I retired it with around 10k miles, it was pretty beat up, including cracked frame. The wheels are still good, and I did buy the 48 tooth JT sprocket, but that is about it. According to my 'friend' it needs 'new cases' or something on the engine. While he works (part-time) for a local yokel independent bike shop, and probably knows more than I do, I did smell the BS about the 'cases' and them costing '$900' that he didn't mind because he gets deals or some other nonsense. Yes, out of priciple--I WILL GET IT BACK!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #8

Coincidentally, he might have just found a buyer for it :(

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
You?
I think it would have ended with : )

Old 04-19-2017, 09:15 PM   #10

No, I have been earmarked for the sad, lonely bike, but Alan wants it out of the warehouse asap. The potential buyer today would prefer a bike with wheels (Alan mentioned he could buy them from me) so I might still have a chance!

He was wondering what wheels he could buy in place of no wheels (I guess besides me). They use a less common hub is the problem (i.e. why I had to find a special JT Sprocket that is meant for certain Euro 125cc enduros and SM such as the Derbi Senda 125 SM). I still cannot fathom why they didn't spec the TMEC's rear wheel with the common 1980 XL185s hub, or whatever one the Hawk or TT250 uses that can use something like 195 different rear sprockets (I am kinda, sorta exaggerating) but you get the point!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150