Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2021, 04:54 AM   #1

Apollo 250 dirt bike

brand new apollo 250 agb looking to upgrade my chain and have no clue what i should be looking for, does anyone have any links or can tell me the exact size chain i need.

Old 03-26-2021, 06:09 AM   #2

Mine is a 2017 and it has a 530 chain. Just clean it and oil it. I still have my original chain. It has been through everything you can think of.

Old 03-26-2021, 10:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_not_a_honda View Post
Mine is a 2017 and it has a 530 chain. Just clean it and oil it. I still have my original chain. It has been through everything you can think of.
It seems like i have to tighten it after every ride, is that normal?

Old 03-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #4

Just make sure you are adjusting it properly. Do not tighten it. Adjust it. If you will notice as the suspension compresses, the chain gets tighter as the swing arm gets level with the counter shaft sprocket. There are tons of videos and websites to give proper ways of doing it. I personally use straps to pull the suspension down to where the chain shows the least slack. I then adjust to about 1/2 inch movement up and down. I have to do this because I put on a longer shock and I cannot go by the factory recommendations. Your manual should tell you the specific up and down movement of the chain with the suspension fully extended. That means on a stand or with the kickstand down and shock fully extended.