Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #1

Gas Prices

I use ethanol free gas for all my carbureted engines. It's cheap right now at $2+/Gal. I bought about 20Gals to prepare for riding/lawn mowing/weedwacking/etc.

There is a process I've looked into that gets rid of ethanol from fuel (10% where I live). At $1.55-1.65 the math seems like it's worth doing, especially taking into account that regular gas with no alcohol lasts a long time. Also the byproduct can be distilled for other uses (Not for drinking though!)

Any gurus out there that have an opinion of how long the price will stay down and if it might go even lower. If I set up the removal process it will be a 55Gal drum so I only have to do it once.

Old 04-14-2020, 08:28 PM   #2

I watched a news report on gas prices last night ,opec has agreed to cut production but by all accounts the levels they are cutting is not going to do anything .They figured the prices will be down into early next year .I don’t know if I beleive that ,but that is what they said .

Old 04-14-2020, 08:41 PM   #3

Thanks for the info - I think the price disparity between ethanol and ethanol free with the current prices might be a good time to try the removal process as an experiment. Then when the price gets jacked up again I have the system in place...